Words with Friends suddenly crashing

Bzam

Nov 4, 2011
I have had good results with my Sony tablet but yesterday Words with Friends starting stopping with the message that need to force stop.

I have uninstalled, restarted the tablet several times. I have sent the error message to Android Market and also to WWF website.

Also, went back over what I was doing yesterday and did uninstall one other app that I had loaded.

No of this works. I can log into WWF OK but it seems that when it interacts with their site to bring down my games I get this force stop message.

Anyone have any ideas?

Bob

summer1

Jan 1, 2012
I have an Android Toshiba tablet, and have been playing Words With Friends and Hanging With Friends for weeks with no problems. However, today both games have been crashing (force closing) as soon as I try to play a word. Like you, I tried uninstalling and re-installing. I even uninstalled another app which I had downloaded yesterday. Nothing works. I reported the problem and I'm hoping someone on this forum can offer some suggestions. I am new to this forum. This is my first posting. Helps to know I'm not the only one experiencing this type of problem.

digiman

Jan 2, 2012
Same problem on Samsung Tab 10.1 and Xoom. Everey 5 minute network "sync" causes a crash. I guess we need ro wait for a fix, either to the sync server in the sky or to the tablet version of the program.

cathering

Jul 7, 2011
Same problem - just started a couple of days ago. I checked the developer's website but didn't find the problem among the recent issues.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

laurieny

Jan 3, 2012
Same problem here on Galaxy 10.1. Very poor customer interaction when they post nothing about this even miniminally on their website. Why would I ever pay money for something from this company--assuming they would someday have a premium version--when the free one has this kind of problem and lack of support.

Archangel

Jan 4, 2012
I'm also using an Asus Transformer (not the Prime though :p ) and am having the same issue since yesterday. I've uninstalled and re-installed and it does the same thing.

I can play just fine on my Galaxy phone on Android 2.2.2 so I'm wondering if this is an issue with 3.2.1?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
It would appear so. One member backed up and wiped his TF101 over at TFF to try to get Words working again. With nothing else installed after a wipe it still would not run with a fresh install from the market.

Ziggyfan

Jan 4, 2012
WWF started crashing on my Xoom around New Year's Day. First, it would load the board, then crash. Now, it doesn't even load anything but the background screen before it says it has to force close. I've uninstalled and installed several times, and also downloaded from The Market and from Amazon - nothing helps. Sent in multiple reports and left feedback for the developer. Nothing!