Working FlashLite (version 9 not 10) for Coby 7015 tablet:

jschill31

Mar 4, 2011
thanks for the quick reply
I actually went to that website to check the flash version.
but it still show up as a blue cube..

OK, then the first thing I would double check is that the permissions for all files are set to R,W,-(checked on first line) R,-,-(only R checked on second line) R,-,-(only R checked on third line). This is typically the step most issues are caused by. If all three files are placed in the correct folders and you installed the two apps (not pushed or pasted) then I am not sure why it is not working? You are using the stock browser correct?

Cheers

jschill31

Mar 4, 2011
How?????????

Hello,

If you would like to writed down each step you did I would be more than happy to review. It is true that each tablet may have minor differences but I have this mod posted on 3 different forums and it is confirmed working on multiple tablets...it does work.

Your call

psphacker06

Mar 14, 2011
Ok so, I did a clean reinstall because my tablet was becoming to be slow, now when i try to do the flash thing i get a blue lego with question marks. It worked the first time now its failing.
This is what i did
1. downloaded zip
2. unzipped and attached to email
3. downloaded when i was on the tablet
4. got onto root explorer and copied the 3 lib files to system/bin and then changed the permissions to rw-r--r--, all the others are rwxrwxrwx/rwxr-xr-x
5.installed the 2 apps
6. rebooted
7. opened browser
9. browsed to google,gaiaonline,yahoo,runescape
10. checked my flash player and got the blue lego.

Idk what i did this time wrong, worked before...

psphacker06

Mar 14, 2011
Worked nicely on my 7015...

Thanks..

can u reread the steps i took to see if i did it right?

I found my mistake, i placed them into system/bin instead of system/lib. So i moved them and then reinstalled the files and it still doesnt do anything =[
EDIT AGAIN:
So i deleted all the libs/apps and did it over and did everything 100% right and it doesnt work............=[ I know it worked but now it doesnt

Last edited:

jschill31

Mar 4, 2011
Ok so, I did a clean reinstall because my tablet was becoming to be slow, now when i try to do the flash thing i get a blue lego with question marks. It worked the first time now its failing.
This is what i did
1. downloaded zip
2. unzipped and attached to email
3. downloaded when i was on the tablet
4. got onto root explorer and copied the 3 lib files to system/bin and then changed the permissions to rw-r--r--, all the others are rwxrwxrwx/rwxr-xr-x
5.installed the 2 apps
6. rebooted
7. opened browser
9. browsed to google,gaiaonline,yahoo,runescape
10. checked my flash player and got the blue lego.

Idk what i did this time wrong, worked before...

Hello,

I see a couple of things that are not inline with the directions. First of all, what do you mean you attached it to email??? Do not do anything with any email program. No files should be placed in system/bin! Please read the instructions and perform exactly what I have written, you can dammage your tablet if you do not. All 3 files that end in .so need to be moved to system/lib . Once that is done you need to set the permissions to what you indicated about rw-, r--, r--. You are in the wrong folder that is why the permissions are different. Once you have set the permissions correctly in the system/lib folder simply install the two applications and reboot your tablet. If this does not work for you I am sorry but you may have changed things around from stock. If you can nandroid to an earlier date and start over that would be your best solution.

Good luck

jschill31

Mar 4, 2011
Rooted is still stock, just means you can do what you want. There is only one rom out there for the Coby 7015. Unless u are using Wattery u are stock and this mod works on Wattery. If u have Clockwork just load an older backup and try again.

Sent from my MID7015A using Tapatalk

moober

Mar 7, 2011
Thanks for posting this. It works great with Watery ROM 1.1. My 7015 locked up three times on the muffinfilms site, but the 4th time was the charm. Really getting a lot of mileage out of this cheap tablet thanks to you and others. :D

psphacker06

Mar 14, 2011
Got it to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Installed watery 1.1!!! And it works again! Woot ty time to watch some flash videos!

psphacker06

Mar 14, 2011
Now I have a different probleem. my web browser crashes or even my whole tablet when there's flash on the web page. Muffinfilms works buut when I interact with it crashes everything. Any SUGGESTIONS?

jschill31

Mar 4, 2011
As long as u did not change out the stock browser this may just be a cache issue. Download a cache cleaner and let it clear some cache. Also may help to see what else is running in the background, this also chews up resources. You may just be visiting a site that is too much for FlashLite...