Working FlashLite (version 9 not 10) for Coby 7015 tablet:

psphacker06

Mar 14, 2011
Can anyone tell me that if I install Adobe Flash Lite version 9 will it enable graphics for the games on Face Book?

Thanks
It might, I was playing flash games on other flash sites, (freecrazymonkeygames.com) and it worked. So it might. Give it a go. Just make sure you backup before you do anything

jschill31

Mar 4, 2011
Can anyone tell me that if I install Adobe Flash Lite version 9 will it enable graphics for the games on Face Book?

Thanks

Hello,

The only way to know 100% is to try the mod... It is very simple to do and easily reversable if you have Clockwork recovery and remember to Nandroid first. I have played several flash games and they work just fine. They do run better if you monitor your resources and make sure to close anything that you do not have to have running.

Cheers

skittles123

Feb 28, 2011
WHY DOES IT HATE ME? ugh...... i know i know buy the rootexpolorer app. but i just wanna copy and paste it and it wont let me. andexplorer wont let me!!!!! why? why do i feel like an idiot? i mean no one seems to have this problem. what am i not doing. /me bangs head into wall. fml. thank you in advanced for any help that i may not understand.

jschill31

Mar 4, 2011
WHY DOES IT HATE ME? ugh...... i know i know buy the rootexpolorer app. but i just wanna copy and paste it and it wont let me. andexplorer wont let me!!!!! why? why do i feel like an idiot? i mean no one seems to have this problem. what am i not doing. /me bangs head into wall. fml. thank you in advanced for any help that i may not understand.

Hello,

I beleive there is a free app that now allows root file write options. I can't remember what the name is but maybe another forum member will add it here for you. I have said it before and I will say it again...Root Explorer is well worth the investment but to each their own.

Cheers

skittles123

Feb 28, 2011
i am about to cave and buy the app. it hates me. every stupid thing that should let me mess with permissions wont. ugh! and congrats again on teh baby. they grow so much in the first few months. and then they learn to walk and then they pop the buttons off ur laptop!!! or they sit at the desktop and turn it on and off cuz of the power button lights up. or as my son has done today dump the entire bag of chips on the couch and step on them to make it go crunch!

duck95

Mar 25, 2011
I can't seem to get this to work. I have the MID7015. It's rooted with Z4 and Clockworkmod recovery.

Below is a list of the files in my system/lib directory. I used chmod 644 for the files in the adb shell. I also installed the FlashSVGPlayer and Flashplugin apks'.

I've done all this and I still don't have flash detected on my factory browser on either the muffinmovies or media college websites.

Am I missing a step here?

-rw-r--r-- root root 853368 2011-04-09 16:38 libflashlite_jni.so
-rw-r--r-- root root 878468 2011-04-09 16:38 libflashliteplugin.so
-rw-r--r-- root root 1246636 2011-04-09 16:38 libflashlitepackage.so

jschill31

Mar 4, 2011
Hello,

Looks good to me, if you installed the apps before moving the other files try re-installing them. Also make sure your cache is as clean as it can be.

Cheers

Sent from my MID7015A using Tapatalk

Velocity1906

Mar 23, 2011
Hello,

Had this working ok on my HSG X5A-G but with a few added libs it does pretty good on the Coby 7015. Please only do this if you have some experience and use Root Explorer or know what to do in Terminal or adb. This may not work for you but it does work if you follow these instructions:

1) Download all needed files here: FlashLite for 2.1.zip

2) Extract the 5 files (2 apps and 3 libs) and transfer them to your tablet however you see fit

3) Use Root Explorer to move all 3 lib files to /system/lib then change each of them to reflect the permissions of RW-,R--,R-- (they must match all the other lib files)

4) Install both apps normally using any file explorer or installation apps

5) REBOOT YOUR TABLET!

Open your browser (stock application) and start surfing the net. Do not attempt to go to a flash site immediatly. After you have browsed a few pages you can go to a site like: Show My Flash Player Version and it should return a version of AFL 9,1,122,0 (FlashLite version 9). If it returns this you are set and can start browsing flash sites. I have not had more than a few minutes of testing and I seem to remember there were several sites that do not work since it is FlashLite but it is a start. One of my favorit flash test sites is: Muffin Films by Amy Winfrey , I am not sure why but the short films are funny. If your tablet lags, give it some time to adjust to the new plugin. For some reason the first few times you use flash it takes longer to load and run. No you can't use Hulu or HBO but there are lots of flash sites out there other than these two.

My wife and I just brought home our first child from the hospital on Saturday so my time is hit or miss. I will try to help as much as possible but if you just follow the instructions listed above you are golden. FlashLite runs very well on the Coby tablet but if you are using any CPU software make sure your min speed is not lower than 500 and of course your max is not above 720 because Telechips refuses to release enough sources to compile a kernel. I gave up on that a long time ago...:mad: Also a cache cleaner is a good idea to have.

Installation video thanks to user psphacker06 found on page 4. This video outlines each and every step, it is excellent quality and should help all achieve this mod.

Cheers

Every time I go to my browser, after following your instructions, my browser crashes. I need some help with this please.

Last edited by a moderator:

jschill31

Mar 4, 2011
Hello,

List exactly what you did in order for someone to help you. If you followed the directions in order and exactly as written or as the video shows your browser would not be crashing. Try hitting the reset button on the back of the tablet, this will reboot your tablet. Once booted try opening your browser again, if it still crashes then I would restore a working Clockwork backup. My first guess is that when you pasted the .so files you did not go back and change the permissions as listed in the directions.

Cheers

Velocity1906

Mar 23, 2011
Hello,

List exactly what you did in order for someone to help you. If you followed the directions in order and exactly as written or as the video shows your browser would not be crashing. Try hitting the reset button on the back of the tablet, this will reboot your tablet. Once booted try opening your browser again, if it still crashes then I would restore a working Clockwork backup. My first guess is that when you pasted the .so files you did not go back and change the permissions as listed in the directions.

Cheers

Thank you the quick reply.

I don't know if this makes a difference but I am using the Water-Kyros Rom.

I extracted all the files onto my sdcard, moved lib files into the system/lib folder, set the permission for the three lib files to (using root explorer) to rw-, r--, r--, installed both apk files using root explorer and restarted my Kyros. I cleaned the cache using cache cleaner and killed any programs that were running using Task Killer. I began to browser a few websites and then I proceeded to go to media college flash. The web page would not load and my browser shut down.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

jschill31

Mar 4, 2011
Ok, kudos it does appear that you have applied the mod correctly. I am not sure if it is the factory browser in Watery? L_n is a good dev, you may want to post on his thread. I do know that he did compile several of the Android apps himself from scratch so there may be different resources. I also think I read on his thread that there was issues with several of the apps, did you run his update patch first before the mod? My tweaks are only confirmed for stock os, I am a stock guy but mod to my tastes. Another thing, make sure you are using 1.1, 1.2, or 1.2a. The 1.2b rom has some JIT issues we all have been dinking with. If you are running a rom with JIT compiling then the tablet can crash running any app. If you want FlashLite to work 100% you will need to pull the stock browser out of a stock rom.

Cheers

Velocity1906

Mar 23, 2011
I'm a newbie when it comes extracting a browser from a stock rom. Is it possible to explain how to I can extract this browser. If I get this working I am returning my 7024. I actually love my 7015; my significant other is asking me why I need to have two tablets..LOL.

Sent from my MID7015A using Android Tablet Forum

jschill31

Mar 4, 2011
I'm a newbie when it comes extracting a browser from a stock rom. Is it possible to explain how to I can extract this browser. If I get this working I am returning my 7024. I actually love my 7015; my significant other is asking me why I need to have two tablets..LOL.

Hello,

It is really quite easy to do. If you know how to use adb you can use the "pull" command to pull the browser.apk program from your stock build. There is a welth of knowledge on how to use adb found over on the xda forums, if you are not currently a member you should get signed up. Using adb is a pain at first but it does get easier as you use it. Another way of getting the browser.apk is by downloading a stock flashable .zip for either the 7015 or the X5A. Both use the same browser as far as I can tell. Another good source of roms and info is the Slatedroid forums, they have a ton of stuff on the X5A tablet. I did play with the browser that comes with Watery and also the "other" rom found on this fourm. They use a newer AOSP version that does not work with this FlashLight mod, that is why you and other users had a hard time. It seems to start the flash content then locks up, I beleive it has something to do with the added animated Gif support but I am not sure. Once you have a flashable .zip all you have to do is extract it and go to /system/app and there you will find the browser.apk application. Now all you have to do is either use adb to "push" the new browser onto your tablet or use Root Explorer to paste it back into /system/app on your tablet. If you do it this way you need to remember to change the permissions after it is added to /system/app. It will ask you if you want to overwrite the one currently install and you just say yes. Once all of that is done you just need to reboot your tablet and you will have a new browser loaded. If you run into trouble finding the correct version just PM me with your email address and I will send it to you. If you had already performed the FlashLight mod you should be finished at this point, if you reverted back to a time before you performed the mod you will have to do it all over again.

Cheers

Velocity1906

Mar 23, 2011
Thank you for your detailed explanation. I'm going to try it out this weekend.