Working games on Coby 7024

harrystruman

Jun 15, 2011
Hi there, everyone.

Until Coby or the custom firmwares fix the g-sensor problem, i thought maybe we could make a list with working and non working games. Here's my start:

NOTE: I'm not using Chainfire 3D or any other tweak to play these games, they work (or not) natively.

Working fine

-Angry Birds Rio: Everything OK

-Asphalt 5 HD:Everything OK

-Asphalt 6: The top taskbar stays all the time, other than that, OK with acceptable framerate.

-Fruit Ninja: Perfect

-Virtual Table Tennis 3D: Perfect

-Scre4am HD: Perfect. Make sure you reboot your Coby after install. Otherwise the game itself hangs the first time you run it.

-The Sims 3: Perfect. Console-Like quality.

-International Snooker HD: Perfect.

-The Secret of Grisly Manor (Point and click adventure): No problems.

-Pinball HD for Tegra (All Device Version): To play you have to use the tablet in inverse portrait position, this is, the camera falls at your left, and the home button on top.

-Samurai II: Vengeance (All Device Version): Amazing graphics and beautifully steady framerate (as with Sims 3, console-quality). The lack of multitouch makes difficult to move and attack, but I find it very playable. Did I say how beautiful it looks? Amazing Game ;)

-GT Racing Motor Academy: Stable framerate, only the annoying taskbar stays on top, I guess you can hide it with ADWlauncher (Not tested yet)
IMPORTANT: I had to calibrate the accelerometer in game settings, because with default values the cars steer a little to the right. Once you calibrate in a table, it's ok.

-Tux Racing:Everything OK.

-360 Carnival Games: Crashes unless you disable sound at start, and then in settings only enable sound effects, not music. Version:1.0, maybe is there another update that fixes this.

-NFS Shift: Amazing. This little piece of EA works perfect. The graphics are amazing and the g-sensor is OK, despite a little "ball hanging" sometimes, but goes great, as Sims 3, totally conso-likey!

-
Jet Car Stunts: Works pretty good too, despite the lack of multitouch in our tablets. Remember to calibrate de g-sensor in options.

-
Deer Hunter Challenge HD: Ok

-
FMX Riders: G-sensor a little sensitive, but that can be changed in game settings.

G-sensor not working / Working backwards or rotated

-Armageddon Squadron
-Crazy Snowboard
-X-plane 9
-Driftmania lite
-Fishing Kings
-
My Paper Plane 2
-Jumbo Sport Fishing 3D
-Winds of Steel
-Mega Drops Chiclets Evolution (Exits after splash screen)

I'll try to update this list as I go along with my testing

See you around.

Last edited:

anlekna

May 27, 2011
i sell my 7015 and plan to buy the 7024... do you recomend that? the 7015 is ok, but it is slow on transitions....

harrystruman

Jun 15, 2011
Hello, there.

I haven't tested the 7015, but I am really dissapointed with the 7024, I was aware that the screen was only resistive, hence, no multitouch (always thinking about games). But what I didn't count on was the g-sensor to be this way, although is not the first tablet to have this problem. The difference is that the rest got their firmware update to fix that (even the 7015)

As I said, I don't know how fine the 7015 works, but as for know, sure as hell has more support (firmwares) than the 7024. Let's hope this changes, wouldn't be my first Android device abandoned by the company (I have an Acer Betouch E400 phone)

See U

anlekna

May 27, 2011
now i am in doubt... galaxy tab $360 or 7024 $175... it has a big difference... i will just use to access the internet (web surfing, msn) and causal games, like i dit in my old 7015, plus games that don't work on 7015 like those that you say that work... about this games, all that you say Working fine

-Angry Birds Rio
-Asphalt 5 HD
-Asphalt 6
-Fruit Ninja
-Pong 3D
-Scre4am HD
-The Sims 3
-International Snooker

work without lag? if this games work without lag, with high fps, i will buy the 7024....

harrystruman

Jun 15, 2011
Hi there

I would go for the Galaxy Tab, if money it's not a problem, in fact, it was an option for me before, but with this economy I prefered to spend less. But, if you're really casual for games, the 7024 could do it for you, although the battery indicator drives me crazy, has ups and downs all the time (now it's 90%, power off, power on later, 70%, and 5 minutes later 85%... i don't know)

Angry Birds Rio: Runs perfect (I haven't got too far still, but I think it should be ok all the time)
Asphalt 5 HD: Runs with steady fps, g-sensor a little sensitive
Asphalt 6: lags a little, but totally playable
Fruit ninja: Perfect
Pong 3D: Perfect
Scre4am HD: Perfect, although you should reboot the tablet when you finish installation, otherwise is highly probable that it will freeze (the game, not the tablet)
The Sims 3: Perfect, as If you were playing a console version (The Cortex A8 is responsible for that)
International Snooker: Perfect too.

See U around.

anlekna

May 27, 2011
harrysturman

thanks for your help!!!!

i go for the 7024... is it quick, like transitions, or in boot?

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Guerilla Bob - Working fine! use virtual stick at lcd screen then Menu touch button to fire :)
Air Attach HD - Playable but you have to choose which input method you may want to choose this is where multi-touch is really needed.
Cut The Rope - Playable! Not encountered any problems so far.
Arcade by Kongregate - Playable! lots of flash games :)

harrystruman

Jun 15, 2011
@Anlekna

Boot takes a while, and if by transitions you mean loading, or changing settings, it's ok, it's not slow. Maybe you can give an example of what you mean?

@flxrms

Thanks for your contribution.

dbsimms63

Jun 9, 2011
yeah I noticed the G sensor was messed up. I keep crashing planes on flight simulation games.

Ray50

Apr 24, 2011
I will just say that I do not have 'The Android Market' but DO have 'Amazon Market' and 'SlideMe Market' installed. Both have lots of games and both are very easy to install by down loading the APK from their web sites. I also do like AppsLib because many comments tell if the app works on the Kyros tablets.

Amazon Market will try to check compatability for your table BUT it is not always correct. I down loaded a $5 book only to find it did not format correctly and was not readable even though Amazon said it was compatible with my 8024 table.

Ray50

Apr 24, 2011
I will just say that I do not have 'The Android Market' but DO have 'Amazon Market' and 'SlideMe Market' installed. Both have lots of games and both are very easy to install by down loading the APK from their web sites. I also do like AppsLib because many comments tell if the app works on the Kyros tablets.
Amazon Market will try to check compatability for your table BUT it is not always correct. I down loaded a $5 book only to find it did not format correctly and was not readable even though Amazon said it was compatible with my 8024 table. (menus and 'Read to me" worked.)

harrystruman

Jun 15, 2011
@anlekna

Those tested games were from "several" sources, if you know what I mean... But if I don't say "lite" or "demo" I'm referring at the full version of those games.

See U.

anlekna

May 27, 2011
@anlekna

Those tested games were from "several" sources, if you know what I mean... But if I don't say "lite" or "demo" I'm referring at the full version of those games.

See U.

i`m trying to find those versions... what version to you installed on your 7024 of the asphalt 5? i`m trying here and no one works... and, do you try to root yours???