Working Netflix app for Coby 7024

th0mb0y

May 2, 2011
Lately I have been getting error 12001 when I try to watch a movie. Anyone else running into this problem?

Sent from my MID7024 using Android Tablet Forum

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
downloaded all three apks on my computer and transfered them to my sd card. Installed the sd card and used the apk installer to install them. I installed all three apks on at a time. The first one. Didn't work so I tried the next one and it did work. I'm not sure which one did the trick. After each install it says you are going to replace the existing file. I said ok. Some movies play perfectly and others say unable to connect to netflix service try back later. I don't know if this is just a signal issue or the format type of different movies or what. ANyway, I've got netflix on my 7024 and it is cool.

Last edited:

colnago

May 18, 2011
It seems that whenever I start streaming a video, my WiFi link goes from two "bars" to zero. I also get the pop-up where it says it's unable to connect. When it does connect, I get a lot of buffering. Is the buffering due to my WiFi link, or is there some setting I can use to lower the video quality to prevent the buffering?

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
That's been fixed I got it running and watching Lois and Clark. You have to remove the prior one first and install the new patch. The new patch you have to update it which it takes you to Market. Just type in your login info and you can start resuming your prior media.

girlperson1

May 21, 2011
My netflix no longer works either. Says I have to update. Where can I get the update? I don't have access to google's market.

I found an updated version of Netflix, installed it and it works. You have to uninstall the old version, you can't overwrite it.

Oops, almost forgot.

Coby Kyros 7024
Android 2.2
Stock, not rooted.

Last edited:

GoldPimp

May 26, 2011
Thank you very much guys, this has been super helpful as i now have Netflix running on my 7024 at this moment with no problems at all.

beastman

May 8, 2011
It plays in chipmunk mode on my Viewsonic GTablet however if I edit build. Prop and change Malata to HTC it plays normal speed.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

th0mb0y

May 2, 2011
The updated app is up and running smoothly on my tab again. Thanks for the tip about uninstalling the old version first!

Sent from my MID7024 using Android Tablet Forum

colnago

May 18, 2011
girlperson1,

Where did you find the updated version? I have access to the Android Market, but it says that Netflix isn't compatible with my device, and won't let me download it. I can find the old version in several places, but not the new version (in fact, I had the old version working, but now it says there's an update available, but when I click on OK, it can't find the update). Even uninstalling/reinstalling the old version won't make it work. Does anyone know how it knows that a new version is available? Is this something that it gets when it connects to the Netflix server?

Thanks

Last edited:

girlperson1

May 21, 2011

colnago

May 18, 2011
girlperson1,

Thanks! The link was great, although I did have to download it to my PC and then transfer it to the Coby via the USB cable. When I tried to do it directly to my Coby, the download kept failing.

girlperson1

May 21, 2011
Now, I just want a few more apps and I'll be happy. (1) get Skype up and running on my 7024; (2) get a decent weather app and (3) get a small but useful version of word pad or something similar.