Working Netflix app for Coby 7024

colnago

May 18, 2011
App-wise, I'm pretty happy. I do go to Amazon daily, to check out their freebies, but I don't want to load up a bunch of junk (just downloaded "Plants vs Zombies", speaking of junk (fun, but fun junk)). I would like a good news server (right now, I'm using Pulse, but it keeps bringing up "fluff" for their top news stories; if I want fluff, I'll look for fluff, but if you're going to label it as top news, it had better be top news). I'm using weather.com for weather, butI do this through the browser; I don't have any app loaded for current weather updates. What do you use for a browser? I've been looking at Firefox and Opera, but so far am using the stock Coby browser.

I don't Skype (nobody wants to talk to me that much), but I do agree a good word pad app would be great. Don't need a full-blown word processor; that's why I have a job. Any ideas for a case that can take the Coby in the main pocket, and the AC adapter and cables in another pocket? Has anyone tried those cases with a built-in keyboard on ebay? The downside is there are no storage pockets in those, though.

girlperson1

May 21, 2011
App-wise, I'm pretty happy. I do go to Amazon daily, to check out their freebies, but I don't want to load up a bunch of junk (just downloaded "Plants vs Zombies", speaking of junk (fun, but fun junk)). I would like a good news server (right now, I'm using Pulse, but it keeps bringing up "fluff" for their top news stories; if I want fluff, I'll look for fluff, but if you're going to label it as top news, it had better be top news). I'm using weather.com for weather, butI do this through the browser; I don't have any app loaded for current weather updates. What do you use for a browser? I've been looking at Firefox and Opera, but so far am using the stock Coby browser.

I don't Skype (nobody wants to talk to me that much), but I do agree a good word pad app would be great. Don't need a full-blown word processor; that's why I have a job. Any ideas for a case that can take the Coby in the main pocket, and the AC adapter and cables in another pocket? Has anyone tried those cases with a built-in keyboard on ebay? The downside is there are no storage pockets in those, though.

I just use the stock browser that comes with the Coby. As for the news, I just surf over to the various news websites and read what I want through the browser.

I have one of those cases with the built-in keyboard but I bought it at Amazon. It works well once you realize you have to manually switch the USB settings on the Coby, otherwise, it doesn't see the keyboard.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=612763&d=1306894195 This is the link where I found the updated version. It works for me, it should for you too. Just remember to uninstall the older version, install this new version and then shut down/restart your Kyros.

As soon as you click that link it will begin the download. Version 1.2.1. The older version was 1.2.0.

I got the new version message as well. Couldn't get it through market or from the netflix site. Deleted the old netflix and installed this link and she's up and running again. I had to download to the computer and tranfer to my sdcard. Thanks.

greg4067

Sep 20, 2011
Hello, need help for activation code. the app installs, it works to the point of streaming the movie and then tells me I need an activation code. Thanks

greg4067

Sep 20, 2011
Hello, can you tell me if you needed and activation code for netflix? mine installed the software, but when i try to load a movie it tells me my device needs an activaion code, I called netflix but they can not provide one. Thanks, Greg

skydancerusa

Sep 22, 2011
Just cannot get netflix to work on my coby 7024. Tried download first from android market and when it did not work, tried the link offered in this forum. I get to netflix, sign in ok, I find a flick, click on 'play', the screen goes blank for a second, then reverts to netflix page and 'resume'. I click on 'resume' and the the same thing all over again. Any thoughts on how I could get it to work? I thought this was an update of netflix that is supposed to work on all android tabs/phones. I have no problems playing utube, have flash 10.3, no problems with online news viewing, etc. Would really appreciate suggestions. Love my Kyros. Anne

Last edited:

realsis

Sep 19, 2011
Yes I got my netflix up and running without needing a code by going to getandroidstuff.com. look for the download that's called download netflix (hacked). This will say device check disabled by the side of it. Download it. Do not upgrade when it asks for upgrade. And now you will be up and watching netflix without a problem! Let me know how it worked for you. It works perfectly on coby kyros 7024! I hope I heped! It works like a charm for me!

Last edited:

Soulless

Oct 2, 2011
Same I have the version of flash installed per another thread and install the netflix app from the andriod market and it start acts like its gonna play and then fails and goe back to a screen that says resume, exactly like skydancer above me. Any suggestions? Kyros 8020 not rooted but did the trick to get the appstore installed.