Working on the internal Flash Card partitions

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Discussions' started by camp0s, Jun 14, 2011.

1. camp0s

camp0s Senior Member

I've got an Aishuo A816, I'm little disappointed that the internal memory for programs which is only 140Mb, and it's already used up to 60Mb from the standard firmware setup programs.

I was looking at ways to increase such memory, before starting to install programs to the FAT32 partion of the same card.. I've read there are some disadvantages :\ (eg loose chmod settings..).

So, I've opened my tablet, popped the card into a reader and got this:

[​IMG]

First: there are 200Mb (!) unpartitioned, why?

Second, there are 3x 200Mb partitions, I think same linux filesystem, I'll boot later Parted Magic 6.1 from a liveCD to take a better look.

So, having the memory of my tablet at my disposal is there a guide/procedure that I can follow and increase the partition to install system files? can you point my some guide, info? searching through the forum I was unable to find some kind of handy information..

Before anything I'll do an image of it, it may comes handy :)

My tablet has a Bena board 8306, Gingerbread 2.3.1, build: 20110521_105050

P.S. Being in the need to root it.. would be possible to inject some files inside the file system?

2. camp0s

camp0s Senior Member

Just to let you know, I succesfully increased the program partition to about 700mb and injected into the filesystem the SU command with permissions set to 4755 - I would say, a manual root procedure :)