Working Skype

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
Just a question; i recently upgrade my tablet to froyo, and i already root it to get a quickboot apk working; the os is faster than the previous one that i had 2.02; what would happen if i uninstall all the phone services that comes with froyo?? do the skype would work uninstalling them as well?? i found this services that could be erased, but i'm a little worried about uninstalling them, this are the ones:

-Calls history.apk
-Hdmi service.apk (mine didnt come with the hdmi)
-Phone.apk
-telephony provider.apk
-Theathremode.apk ???? (whats this?)
-Bluetooth.apk

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
I don't know how it will affect Skype, but after rooting and flashing mine to 2.2 I removed the phone,telephony, and bluetooth with out a problem, other than having to hit OK over and over a few times when the phone.apk was removed.
I haven't removed the theatremode.apk yet either, because I don't know what all it does. Still not sure if it has anything to do with video playback or not.
Be sure you copy anything you are going to remove to your SD card first... just in case...

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
Thanks stOne for your prompt answer, i was thinking that too... but when i removed the phone.apk, telephony on my previous 2.01 os the tablet run smooth and fast, now its better with the 2.20 but sometimes it feel that is slow..thats why i'm asking that

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
go ahead and take them off. I did. it does run smoother and it seems to prolong the batt...

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
We'll i uninstalled the phone apk and telephony provider of my tablet and of course i had a better tablet response; however, the skype apk didnt work, it worked before uninstalled those programs and i had to burn again froyo on the tablet and start over with everthimg....

So in case thar someone would like to use this working apk, i suggest to leave those aplication on the tablet and dont even think of uninstall them