Would you buy your Thrive again?

KevTN

Aug 11, 2011
Looking to dive into the tablet market around Christmas...(not in a big hurry). Played with a Thrive, Acer, and Asus. I liked the thrive due to the full size HDMI, SD and USB ports. Wt is much different, and to me the picture looked better than the others..

So would you buy a thrive again if you had a choice.

storsven

Aug 14, 2011
After a week of having it, I have to say Hell yes! It is great. I saved some money and got the 16gb plus a 32 gb SD card for $30, instead of an extra $100 for the 32gb version. Full set of ports (USB (sticks must be exFAT or FAT32 formatted), mini-USB, full size HDMI out). Solid build. It is fast and smooth. Browser is great. Large and crisp to read comic books w Android Comic Viewer, read ebooks with Moon reader, etc. Does not integrate with Calibre ebooks management, but there are painless workarounds. Facebook works full scale in the browser, no need for a Facebook app. Weatherbug is awesome with spectacular graphics. Did I mention I like it? I looked at all the other tablets (Xoom, Acer, Galaxy, and iPad of course) but I think Thrive has the edge for now at least. Who knows what the field will look like in a month.

KevTN

Aug 11, 2011
Thanks...yeah a couple of months is a lifetime esp now with Google buying Motorola mobile...things could get quite interesting.

encino

Aug 15, 2011
Absolutely. I love this thing. I have the 8gb model and bought a 8gb SD Card. My only complaint is I cant save apps to the SD card. If I would have know that I would have bought the 16gb version. I beleive this is a honeycomb issue rather then a toshiba issue.

racomarley

Jul 19, 2011
Yes, bought one for my wife for birthday gift. She loves it and is learning more about how to use it each day. 8G model and downside is cannot not store on SD card as noted before. It works for music very well and with the docking station it runs great on the TV also. I am planning on getting the 32G model for myself soon.

TannimKyraxx

Aug 8, 2011
in 3 words "in a heartbeat" I love mine if you likely to go app crazy like i did you prolly will want at least the 16gb version but if your an(audio/ebook)bibliophile then being able to use the SD slot and usb hard drives/thumb drives makes this the perfect tablet to keep at hand i can carry and access my whole library all the time. If you are waiting till closer to xmass then there might be other options to consider but I doubt that they will have the ports the thrive has so if you have the loot I'd just pull the trigger and get one now so you can start enjoying it

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Sure would, it or another IPad 2.
But since Toshiba is coming out with a 13.3 inch tablet this year I would hold out and get it instead. 13.3 is nearer to what I want and as close as I think tablets will come to what I want for a long time to come, so I'll be getting one of them while they are available.