Writing on tablet with pen?

bladerunn3r

May 10, 2011
Just curious really . . . But I could see having the functionality and choice to write/draw stuff by hand, using some handwriting app, might be useful under certain conditions.

I remember reading reviews about the Flyer and the problems it experienced with it's multi-touch screen surface - and that was designed to be used with a pen!! So has anyone tried this with the Transformer? A handwriting app with a tablet pen? Does it work? If so, well enough to actually be useful?

Thanks!

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I use the pogo sketch stylus and it works quite well with my Transformer. The include app, SuperNote works well as does FreeNote. The real problem with many of the available capacitive stylus is the rubber tip, which to me isn't really usefully for anything besides tapping the display. The pogo uses some kind of fabric that glides effortlessly across the display and works great.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I have 3 Styluses (or is it Stylii)

Dagi P501
Adonit Jot Pro
Kensington Virtuoso

My least favorite is the Dagi because it is too lite, and it does not have a real cap. The spring that holds the disc on gets buggered up from time to time. My wife has the Dagi P601 (pen and stylus) and she loves it. Better weight to it too to solve my first niggle with it.

My favorite, well, it is a tossup. For general use I go to the Kensington (plus it has a black ink pen in it.) I wish there was a place to put the pen cap when you were using it, but there is not. For fine point, nothing beats the Adonit. The Dagi is a close second, but the spring tip is not as natural feeling as the Adonit when it comes to writing.

Also, I know some users have had issues with styluses and the Prime. For that, Caseen came up with a new design that is more powerful and it also works at low angles. It is called the Vibe. I have not used it, but I have heard great reviews for it.