Wrong Location Showing in multiple apps

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Discussions' started by nicknack, Oct 31, 2011.

1. nicknack

nicknack Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer Iconia A100
    I just purchased an acer iconia A100 tablet this morning and really like it so far except for one thing... I hooked it up to my Droid X using wi-fi tether, and it keeps showing me in Las Vegas. I was there a year ago on vacation and remember using google maps at that time to get around (on my Droid). However, I live in Florida! I've never had a problem with google maps on my Droid so I can not understand why I am having this issue.

I thought the issue might be just with google maps so I downloaded mapquest. The same issue comes up; it has me in Vegas! I don't get it, particularly when my Droid shows the correct location. Since my tablet relies 100% on wi-fi (it doesn't have gps), I don't understand.

I've tried resetting the table twice and even did a hard reset. I don't know what else to try. This is quite frustrating so any help that can be offered would be greatly appreciated!

2. zuggenrue

zuggenrue Member

Tablet / Device:
    acer iconia a500
    having the same problem for my a500 it thinks i am in massachusetts and i have never been to the east coast, no idea why