Wrong Location Showing in multiple apps

nicknack

Oct 31, 2011
I just purchased an acer iconia A100 tablet this morning and really like it so far except for one thing... I hooked it up to my Droid X using wi-fi tether, and it keeps showing me in Las Vegas. I was there a year ago on vacation and remember using google maps at that time to get around (on my Droid). However, I live in Florida! I've never had a problem with google maps on my Droid so I can not understand why I am having this issue.

I thought the issue might be just with google maps so I downloaded mapquest. The same issue comes up; it has me in Vegas! I don't get it, particularly when my Droid shows the correct location. Since my tablet relies 100% on wi-fi (it doesn't have gps), I don't understand.

I've tried resetting the table twice and even did a hard reset. I don't know what else to try. This is quite frustrating so any help that can be offered would be greatly appreciated!

zuggenrue

Dec 10, 2011
having the same problem for my a500 it thinks i am in massachusetts and i have never been to the east coast, no idea why