www.digitbuying.com - Shopping Experience

zac

Mar 8, 2011
Hello everybody :

I would really appreciate if some of you could share your buying experience with this site. I found it at random Google search. Looks like they have some low price but don't know whether it is actually a bait !!!

Thank you all in advance for your kind replies

Best Regards,

Zac.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010

Charles02

Apr 30, 2011
Hello everybody :

I would really appreciate if some of you could share your buying experience with this site. I found it at random Google search. Looks like they have some low price but don't know whether it is actually a bait !!!

Thank you all in advance for your kind replies

Best Regards,

Zac.

I bought the Eken m009 7" android 1.6 tablet with camera from DigitBuying.com, shipped for $85 US on Mar 15, 2011, received Apr 7, 2011. Out of the box it shows 2.2 on the screen (it's not) and the orientation sensor did not work (BIG disappointment). After I inserted a microSD card (4gb which I had to buy separately here) the camera takes a MIRROR image, also the video, not what you would expect. Camera photos can be fixed on a PC but what would you do with the video?
I bought it to see what Android was all about and I'm satisfied with that. The WiFi works fine, not fast, but didn't expect it to be. Screen response is good. Battery life is probably 2-3 hours with the display at minimum (which is fine).
Tried to do a firmware update dated 4-18-2011 without success; ignored update (I have an MSI Win 7 home premium 64 bit).
Disappointed: yes. Money well spent? I got what I paid for, something cheap that's good for exploring. Too expense to return ($43). My advice: if you want something cheap, buy a color ereader (Cruz or similar) for $100-$120 in the US; if you have a problem you have some recourse. It's worth the extra money.
Hope this helps.

Last edited: