xoom build quality

fondoo

Jun 5, 2011
i've had my motorola xoom for about 1 month already, purchased on may 19th from bestbuy. i love the tablet, but does your xoom creek on the bottom right when you push the glass down?? i should of paid for the extended warrenty.

ranger454

Jun 20, 2011
Interesting question. When I read it I thought that now that you mention it it does creek. But now I have tried everything to get it to do it again now it won't. lol

Sent from my Xoom using Android Tablet Forum

Jun 24, 2011
i've had my motorola xoom for about 1 month already, purchased on may 19th from bestbuy. i love the tablet, but does your xoom creek on the bottom right when you push the glass down?? i should of paid for the extended warrenty.

Motorola is known for industrial build quality. It seems to be accurate in this case. I dropped my Xoom from about three feet on the bottom right (portrait position) and it landed on the concrete sidewalk and bounced and landed on the screen and slid. I was certain it would be done and it was about two weeks into owning it. It has a smallish dent in the metal and not a single crack or looseness or sign of damage. Gorilla Glass really came through for me. that being said, I am sorry to hear about yours. Did you buy it at a brick and mortar store where you could bring it back asap? Something like a loose screen should be under warrant on such a new device. Unless of course you drop it onto the side walk).

fondoo

Jun 5, 2011
talk about fast service. i contacted motorola online chatting with customer service. they shipped me a box the next following day. i shipped the xoom on 8/3 and i got it back on 8/8. thats a very fast turn around time. they gave me a new tablet.