XOOM - How to Play Movies

kewlbreeze

Mar 8, 2011
I have used Slysoft software to download movies I own to my hardrive. They are in a .vob file form. Does anyone know how to convert that file to a file the XOOM will play? Is there a website one can go to that discusses movies and how to convert files from one format to another?

thymeless

Feb 17, 2011
Handbrake is an excellent freebie. Runs on most platforms. The default settings are pretty good unless you want to get into secondary languages or sub-titles.

HandBrake maximumpc.com has some good guides for handbrake as well.

Feb 4, 2011
Dvd catalyst should work as well I know it rips my dvd's with no problems. It also has a built in Xoom setting.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
Get Adobe 10.2 Flash on March 18 for Xoom , then you can go to Amazon Prime instant movies(2800 so far) for free 30 trial, 1 year free if student!

hall407

Apr 7, 2011
I just bought a movie from amazon and download it but it did not work when I tried to move it to my xoom. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Xoom using Android Tablet Forum

William32

May 9, 2011
i tried two software to convert movies for playing on Xoom. one is handbrake, it is free, but it cost me a lot of time to set the parameters. the other software is the professional tool called Fox Real video converter, it give xoom a independent profile and can convert all video formats to xoom. it operate simple but it a shareware.

fondoo

Jun 5, 2011
i highly recommend dvd catalyst, its so easy. i recommend moboplayer or the default video viewer.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mar 30, 2011
DVD Catalyst for $9.99. Doesn't get any easier or any better. There is a xoom profile already set up.

labrat

Jun 1, 2011
In case you don't know already, you can rename any *.vob to *.mpg because thats what the file actually is...

Sent from my Xoom using Android Tablet Forum

ranger13z

Nov 15, 2011
Dvd catalyst should work as well I know it rips my dvd's with no problems. It also has a built in Xoom setting.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I checked out the DVD catalyst it stated there was a Xoom specific setting, so i downloaded it. it does not convert itunes formated movies however so it was a waste of time and money. they are not specific about that though on their site.

D

dvdcatalyst

I checked out the DVD catalyst it stated there was a Xoom specific setting, so i downloaded it. it does not convert itunes formated movies however so it was a waste of time and money. they are not specific about that though on their site.

Actually it is listed in numerous locations on the tools4movies website, which is actually quite unique, since all conversion tools specify what IS supported and don't mention anything on what is NOT supported.

But, a quote from the main DVD Catalyst description on the DVD Catalyst front page (in the "read more" portion where it specifies the features):

(note: protected video files, such as movies purchased/rented through Apple iTunes or Amazon, or so-called “Digital Copies” you get for free with some DVDs and Blurays (“Digital Copy Included”), can not be converted)

Or, if you look at the "how to guides" I have listed on my website, for example the one that I actually have listed in the "DVD Catalyst" section on this forum: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/dvd-catalyst/23340-full-screen-dvd-video-xoom-quick-easy.html

Note: Non-protected video files, such as MKV, AVI, MPEG etc can be converted with DVD Catalyst 4, however so-called “Digital Copies” found on DVDs and Bluray discs, iTunes purchased/Rented video files, as well as Amazon.com’s video service also do not work with DVD Catalyst. The files provided using these services are protected with a form of so-called DRM, which requires activation using a capable video player such as an iPod/iPhone or Zune. Because conventional conversion tools such as DVD Catalyst access the files directly during conversion, these protected files can not be converted. While there are some (overly-expensive) programs that claim to be able to handle these files, the results are less than adequate in both performance and quality.

I'm not sure how more specific I can be on my website on this.