Xoom or asus transformer

covdad

Dec 22, 2011
As. The title says.
Due to get the xoom this Friday but want to check Im going with the right choice.
Uses will be
Gaming. Internet. Few videos n more gaming .
Also if you choose asus. Should i get the 16 gig with keyboard dock. Or 32g without.
Its a lot of money for me to spend so i need some advice. Max budget 400 pounds..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android Tablet Forum

jseah

Nov 21, 2011
If you're choosing Asus and you have to decide between getting more memory or getting the keyboard dock, I would go for the higher amount of memory. You can always add the keyboard dock later, you can't add more internal memory later. The keyboard dock is nice to have, but not necessary.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I have the Transformer with Keyboard Dock.

16 GB is plenty of space for me, I have maybe 2-3 gigs used for apps. I put a 32 GB microSD for Media and we are good to go. Plays Grand Theft Auto 3 quite smoothly. I have also been playing ShadowGun with a Wiimote and classic controller for hours of enjoyment.

Comparing the two, the Transformer has a better screen IMO, but the Xoom has the option of built in 3G/4G and on the TF it is rare to find.

If you are really wanting a great gaming machine, the Transformer Prime (2nd generation) is available in limited markets currently, but it is a quad core 1.3 GHz tablet that blows everything else out of the water.

samg

Dec 22, 2011
the zoom is nice mydaughter inlaw has one i just got the Asus transformer 16g f101and like it better it works fast did not buy the dock not for 150.00 I dont need it i gotthe Asus from best buy on line for $299.00 it was 399.00 in store great tablet and great price you will lik it

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
The TF's screen is miles ahead of the Xoom, in my opinion. It is more clear, has better viewing angles, and just seems more vivid. It also uses IPS over TN, which provides much, much better viewing angles and overall a better display (which is likely one of the main reasons for it's superiority). It's just so much better.

For more info, check out this review by the screen analyst company DisplayMate - it is very insightful.