Xoom Reviews Around the Web...

Discussion in 'Motorola Tablets' started by xaueious, Feb 24, 2011.

1. xaueious

xaueious Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Asus Transformer TF300, Huwaei Ideos S7-104, HSG X5A, (Past APAD IMX515, APAD RK2808, RK2818 RT7)
    According to Engadget, the Xoom:
    Motorola Xoom review -- Engadget
    BGR:
    Motorola XOOM review | BGR | Boy Genius Report
    Anandtech (this is a REAL review with benchmarks):
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/4191/motorola-xoom-review-first-honeycomb-tablet-arrives

2. newnick

newnick Member

Tablet / Device:
    Galaxy Tab
    Impressive may well describe Xoom's spec and performance. But when it comes to sale, will the same word applies? Ipad 2 is just around the corner and the ipad originals, which has huge potential buyer population, are on sale everywhere right now. This xoom is very weakly positioned and lack of unique character, unlike the Droid phones or the galaxy tab from last year.

Basically, communication from moto to end users about it's first tab is simply not enough, and the core message delivered is meaningless to many (if not most) end users. The line is something like "the world's first device powered by Android honeycomb". Hahaha..I just don't see why consumer should find any meaning and see any benefits from this message. I mean..right, what device? This is just too generic, the marketing people could do a better job here. And what on the earth is honeycomb? Why should I (an average end user) care. What's the good for me? As a clueless average end user, I just can't relate and then, of course, I turn to something I can relate. In my opinion, this positioning strategy does not work.

Needless to say, I wouldn't choose xoom over the ipad/ipad 2 or even the samsung G-tab as the portable tablet is on sale at $299/$249. Pricing is not worst but not good either and I see it just another way to turn away potential buyers, like me. Hope moto can fix these issues quick enough and make Xoom a really success.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  3. feverhost

feverhost Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    My Tablets: Pandigital White Novel - aPad iRobot RK2818 - Motorola Xoom 4G (Rooted JellyBean 4.1.2) - Kindle Fire - Novo Elf 7" - HP Slate 7" - Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro
    The over-clocking to 1.5GHz is quite impressive!

4. pharoah

pharoah Member

Tablet / Device:
    smsng g tab 3 8 inch
    feverhost i dont think im doing any of that stuff to this one.i had the augen rooted,but it was a cheapo lol.i must admit the 1.5ghz overclock is awesome.

Sent from my Motorola Xoom using Android Forum App

5. feverhost

feverhost Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    My Tablets: Pandigital White Novel - aPad iRobot RK2818 - Motorola Xoom 4G (Rooted JellyBean 4.1.2) - Kindle Fire - Novo Elf 7" - HP Slate 7" - Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro
    pharoah: If you are going to use this for the 3G/4G connection... make sure you don't. Verizon will require absolutely no changes to the device if you want it upgraded to 4G.. if there are any.. they'll ship it back.

6. pharoah

pharoah Member

Tablet / Device:
    smsng g tab 3 8 inch
    yeah im not going to!i probably will get the 4g upgrade i do have a data plan.

Sent from my Motorola Xoom using Android Forum App