Yahoo mail on new gtablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

suchnsuch

Dec 9, 2010
Hello,
I'm new here. I just bought a G Tablet for my wife's B-day, Now I wish it was mine. . . Anyway, we're playing around with it and trying to get yahoo mail to work with the default mail app it comes with but its not working. (I'm sure it would work with a gmail account but thats not the point.) Has anyone else gotten this to work with yahoo mail, and if so, is there a trick to it? Maybe there is another app that you would recommend we get that is better? I'm new to the whole Android thing, so I probably need a little guidance here. Thanks for any help you may have. I love this tablet!

dhotiram

Jan 25, 2011
add account in default mail app. choose setup IMAP account. enter your yahoo user name a password. got to manual setup. incoming server is imap.mail.yahoo.com. change security to SSL. click next. same with smtp. server is smtp.mail.yahoo.com and security type is SSL. click next. name your account and you're all done.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
or go to Market and download the Official Yahoo Mail application from Yahoo.

dhotiram

Jan 25, 2011
the official yahoo mail app is very slow. chews up resources. integrating into the default mail app is fast, efficient and keeps things clean. why have 2 or more mail apps if one can do it all.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
you are absolutely correct about it being slow. As far as two or more apps...I have one that is strictly for Work (Touchdown) and then the default app for my personal mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.