yes read other posts-How to install apk on Sony Tablet S without internet connection?

Jun 24, 2012
Ok, so i got the Sony Tablet S, i read the instructions on other forum posts for this problem. Heres the problem:

Ive got no internet connection, so i loaded the Astro File Manage APK on my SD card, and used the file transfer app that came pre-installed.
I went into settings and switched on 'allow installation of non-market sources'. Then went and found the file through file transfer again, clicked
on it, and 3 options come up: 'delete', 'close', and the last one is grayed out 'open file' (cant select this). So.... anyone know how i can possibly
install apps without an internet connection and the actual tablet not allowing me access to apk files?..... Am i transferring these apk files over into
the wrong directory or something? - i just made a new folder called transfer/programs/ and put it in there...

Anyone else come across this issue? Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
When I have done what you are trying to accomplish I mailed the APK to myself then taped on it and said open and it worked. Not certain why what you are trying doesn't, but I didn't use Astro to open it.