You choose and I buy. RK2918 or Renesas Cortex-A9

which tablet

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sere83

May 19, 2011
Cool, thanks for the info. I actually really like the telechips design but with a Mali 200 GPU I think you could get something much better performance wise for a similar price or a little more. This Rena 3 tab does look to have very solid performance though, quite surprised actually. Nice budget option. With this recent huge influx of Cortex based China tabs there are so many options too chose from! Personally i'm gonna sit it out for a while and see if any outright favourites start to emerge once the big names have dropped their latest wares.

Ooo apparently 2.3 is coming to the Rena as well. Nice

Last edited:

sere83

May 19, 2011
Not sure, just read it in one of the question responses over at the merimobiles sale page.

DJACID

May 7, 2011
Just realise there is only the ev1 and ev2 processor,
The e-gen / magicpad uses the ev2 and in the description it says android 3.0 future update,
I might be wrong but won't that means that the rena3 can use the same honeycomb port after a few custom tweaks....

DJACID

May 7, 2011
News update,
Haipad are also bringing out the rena3 but with gps and 3G,
But the price might be higher,
You can always solder the pcie slot yourself and add a 3G card...

New GT-Tab / SenseV7 Review

Last edited by a moderator:

Iwindows

Apr 4, 2011
so I decided to disapoint my kids, there seem to be a lot of new tablets coming out round about now/june which could be a little better than the ones I have been looking at./ thanks dajacid & sera83 for your feedback

DJACID

May 7, 2011
Same here not sure what to get,
I preordered the Acer a101 but that was canceled a few days ago,
Due to Acer slow on producing the tablet, which is why there suck, next time there should only bring out 1 or 2 tablets at a time which there will have a better time of mass producing,

My compal tablet needs repairing damage casing,
Now thinking about buying the elocity a7 same as my compal tablet, which is also the cheapest tegra tablet on the Market and thanks to dexter work it now has honeycomb

Terrykwong007

May 24, 2011
For CPU performance, Renesas is much faster. For Android software build and solution integration, it is another issue.

Rockchips develop most core software and device driver by herself and for major ODM customer first while Renesas rely
on solution house to system solution and then assembly makers in China. Therefore, the quality build vary among
different solution house & makers for Renesas. For Rockchips, small makers just follow her reference design for assembly
like MP3 a few years ago.

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
Happy owner of a Rena 3 here.
Updated to the latest 05 firmware and now Skype works and video playback stuttering is fixed.

It's an extremely good tablet. Better than I thought it would be.

TomTang

May 29, 2011
Have a look at :

Tablet with Renesas ARM Cortex A9 Dual core @ 1GHz

$cortex_A9_B1.jpg

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
Have a look at :

Tablet with Renesas ARM Cortex A9 Dual core @ 1GHz

View attachment 2575

Nice gadget pron!
That one has a SIM slot on it I see.

Good stuff!

As for running HD content, I haven't tried anything other than HQ YouTube files on this for HD stuff. I don't own any HD content and i haven't tried any sample files.
I do know that the 0525 firmware fixes the jitters that the Rena3 had originally when playing back video files.

I'm using RockPlayer in hardware mode with great results now, when previously I've had to run in software mode.

Last edited:

DJACID

May 7, 2011
You could do tons of mods on the rena3 if the mini-pcie pin-outs have power going to them...