YOU TUBE: "Unfortunately, You Tube has stopped"

BkkBos

Sep 4, 2012
First of all, hello to everybody. I'm David and new to this forum.

I purchased a ONDA Vi40 in Bangkok last week. Generally things seem OK but every time I try to open YOU TUBE, I get: "Unfortunately, You Tube has stopped"
I have tried un-installing, then re-installing the app several times but no change. Have others run into this problem? Any suggestions??

smudger

Sep 5, 2012
First of all, hello to everybody. I'm David and new to this forum.

I purchased a ONDA Vi40 in Bangkok last week. Generally things seem OK but every time I try to open YOU TUBE, I get: "Unfortunately, You Tube has stopped"
I have tried un-installing, then re-installing the app several times but no change. Have others run into this problem? Any suggestions??

Onda have some special flash acceleration deal with Adobe apparently.

Unfortunately this is not so good for upgrades! We cannot update Flash on our Dual Core Ondas (maybe other models too, I don't know). But the Browser still works for Flash including YouTube.

No other browsers seem to work as they would require us to be able to update Flash.

JellyBean update will not use Flash at all anyway. Which is not necessarily great news for sites like BBC iPlayer which depend on it!

Surprised there are no more posts on this..

:cool::cool::D

Foulestfawn

Sep 5, 2012
  1. Use Root Explorer and navigate to /system/etc
  2. Make a backup of the hosts file
  3. Open the hosts file using a text editor (from phone or computer) and delete ALL entries for #youtube
  4. Save the file and move it back to the path mentioned in point 1
  5. Permissions for this file: rw-r–r–
Now open the YouTube app. It should work!