Your Top 5 NC Apps

Shortyred

Mar 28, 2011
What's the best video player for NC?
Some say vplayer but its hard to find for me. I've got rockplayer lite and qqplayer to try. So far not bad. If there are better I would like to know too. Also can you guys tell me what the widget is on your nook that shows the date and weather?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
There are a few widgets that show the date and weather but I think one of the most popular is Fancy Widget and that is what is in a lot of the screen shots.

Shortyred

Mar 28, 2011
There are a few widgets that show the date and weather but I think one of the most popular is Fancy Widget and that is what is in a lot of the screen shots.
Why does everyones look so small mine goes across the whole desktop. How do you shrink it thanks!!!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Well it depends on which one you are looking at, but if you are using Zeam launcher you adjust the # of rows and colums to resize widgets added to your home screen.

In Zeam - Menu>Preferences>Workspace to add/remove home screens and change the number of rows and columns of apps you can have per screen. Adding more rows and coulmns will shirnk the size of widgets using multiple row/columns.

Shortyred

Mar 28, 2011
Well it depends on which one you are looking at, but if you are using Zeam launcher you adjust the # of rows and colums to resize widgets added to your home screen.

In Zeam - Menu>Preferences>Workspace to add/remove home screens and change the number of rows and columns of apps you can have per screen. Adding more rows and coulmns will shirnk the size of widgets using multiple row/columns.

That did it thank you so much that's one down of a million to go to learn!! 8)

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
My list-o-the-week:

1. Pulse - An RSS reader that lets you subscribe to about 60 total feeds from anywhere on the web. I really like the fact that it grabs the articles and stores them locally, so when your WiFi vanishes, you still have the stories to read.
  2. Folder Organizer - I'd be lost without it! Simply the best customization tool I've found for making the NC truly my own device.
  3. Beautiful Widgets - Love the clocks, love the toggles, love the fact that you can skin anything and everything about this app..
  4. Touch Calendar - I love the fact that I can bring multiple calendars (Gmail, Exchange, Facebook, and the local NC calendar) together into one app and color code them. I also like how you can pinch-zoom on a day to see more of the calendar entry.
  5. Smooth Calendar - yeah, I like calendars... This one just for the widget and the link to my main calendar whe you tap it. It puts the next three things coming up on your calendar right on the desktop. Very handy for those of us that don't always remember to check their calendars.

and as an added bonus, I'm giving 6-10 this time!
  6. Stupid Zombies - Angry Birds, but with Zombies and a shotgun.. Did I mention the grenade launcher?
  7. Aldiko - The best reader I've found so far.
  8. Yahoo Live Sports - Your favorite teams, right on the desktop.
  9. Doube Twist - Your favorite music, right on your desktop.
  10. Quickboot - Gives you icons that will instantly reboot, reboot to recovery or just power down.. By default, you have to open Quickboot and select what you want to do. But using either Folder Organizer or just the native shortcutting options built into Gingerbread, you can create shortcut icons that go directly to the commands. Very handy app..

And my honorable mentions of the day goes to QQPlayer and Perfect System Monitor..

QQPlayer is an excellent video player that has really improved a lot for me since the CM7/Video Fix ROM came out.. Movies no longer suck!

Perfect System Monitor is a widget that sits there displaying the current battery level, battery temperature, free memory, SPU usage, CPU speed and available storage on both internal and your mSD.. An overclocker's must have app! (Be aware, it apparently can't read the NC's voltage level..)

So there you have my weekly report on what makes my NC the most amazing $250 I've ever spent on a piece of electronic gadgetry..

Last edited:

SCWells72

Apr 1, 2011
Top 5 apps
Kindle
PerfectViewer (for comics)
Facebook
Opera Mobile
gReader

Top 5 games
250+ Solitaire
Yams (Yahtzee clone)
Dropwords (Bejeweled meets Scrabble; BeWorded is another version)
Angry Birds Rio (I've already played AB and AB Seasons on my iPhone)
Poker Squares

Who Dat

Dec 2, 2010
Calengoo - - calendar
Springpad - - i use it as a journal to track work on a job on daily basis
Dolphin HD - browser
Bedside - nite clock/alarm
Slacker - radio
USA EAST - Nautical Navigation charts
Weatherbug Elite (currently force closing on me)

mkm1126

Mar 13, 2011
Calengoo - - calendar
Springpad - - i use it as a journal to track work on a job on daily basis
Dolphin HD - browser
Bedside - nite clock/alarm
Slacker - radio
USA EAST - Nautical Navigation charts
Weatherbug Elite (currently force closing on me)

You have to disable My Location. This resolved that issue for me.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
got to update my fave app to include

- vitalplayer neon - really good smooth video player that handles a variety of formats - Xvid and H.264 support AVI, MOV, MPG, MPEG, WMF, wav, swf, wmv, mkv, ogg, mp3, mp2, CDA, FLAC, AAC, AC3, 3GP , M4V MP4
- TV Show Stream - a really good streaming program - you can access old as well as current (more limited) TV shows including past seasons. I use it to catch up on Fringe, Outer Limits, Spartacus and Camelot
- NookColor Power Button - a soft key to turn off your screen