Your Top 5 NC Apps

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
got to update my fave app to include

- vitalplayer neon - really good smooth video player that handles a variety of formats - Xvid and H.264 support AVI, MOV, MPG, MPEG, WMF, wav, swf, wmv, mkv, ogg, mp3, mp2, CDA, FLAC, AAC, AC3, 3GP , M4V MP4
- TV Show Stream - a really good streaming program - you can access old as well as current (more limited) TV shows including past seasons. I use it to catch up on Fringe, Outer Limits, Spartacus and Camelot
- NookColor Power Button - a soft key to turn off your screen

If you like that one, try Quick Boot.. You can make shortcuts directly to power off, reboot, reboot into recovery, etc.. It's great. I'm going to try that Vitalplayer Neon, thanks..

Shortyred

Mar 28, 2011
I'm on to cm7 encore now and trying to run supermanger and flickie hd having problems with both anyone else?

gudism

Apr 22, 2011
As for the file manager, there is a freebie on the market called ES File Manager. It can browse shared folders on your network.

I can second this as the best way to transfer files etc.
But I have a question, which is probably staring me in the face, but I cant work it out.

I have complete access to my shared folders on my network, but most folders and files for my movies and music arent showing. The main folder I'm sharing (eg Music) is there, but the subfolders are missing. Likewise for the 'Video' folder.

I have seen this similar issue with my PS3. If i just try to browse my networked drive on the PS3, it doesnt see the folders that contain files the PS3 cant natively play. (however I use PS3mediaserver & totally solves the problem.)

though my current problem, I would have thought this wouldnt be similar as the ES file manager, well, manages the files, and you have to be able to see them to copy/move them etc

any ideas? I've googled and cant find a similar prob.

thanks in advance :)

McBain01

Dec 29, 2010
+1
I'd also like to know where to get a few comics.

I much prefer the 'Comics' app from ComiXology (has the blue X in the background of the logo). It has an amazing interface and more free comics than you know what to do with. I still havent even read all of the free ones ive downloaded. They have several full series that are free along with tons of free preview issues or #1 issues of comics that are free that you can use see if you like and decide if you want to buy more or whatever. I usually just stick with the free ones and like i said, have not made it through all of those yet. Anyway, heres my top

1. Pulse News Reader
2. Airport Mania
3. Dolphin HD
4. Comics
5. Words with Friends (runs much better on the nook than my DX)
6. G4TV app
7. Kindle for android

Last edited:

chris30673

Feb 4, 2011
I much prefer the 'Comics' app from ComiXology (has the blue X in the background of the logo). It has an amazing interface and more free comics than you know what to do with. I still havent even read all of the free ones ive downloaded. They have several full series that are free along with tons of free preview issues or #1 issues of comics that are free that you can use see if you like and decide if you want to buy more or whatever. I usually just stick with the free ones and like i said, have not made it through all of those yet. Anyway, heres my top

1. Pulse News Reader
2. Airport Mania
3. Dolphin HD
4. Comics
5. Words with Friends (runs much better on the nook than my DX)
6. G4TV app
7. Kindle for android

I really like that app and only have one compliant. I would love to able to delete the ones you've read completely from your history. I know you can delete the comic itself, but it still remains in your history.

Shortyred

Mar 28, 2011
Hey guys I'm running cm7 7.02 and have the white Google search on my desktop. I've seen people with a black version anyone know where I can get it?

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Hey guys I'm running cm7 7.02 and have the white Google search on my desktop. I've seen people with a black version anyone know where I can get it?

Some Adw launcher themes in the market have a black google search widget. There should be more than one in your widget menu too if using adw. Klinster has a couple themes in market but I know there are a lot more. CM Theme chooser may work too.

Otherwise you would have to change the framework with theme or patch to make the widget black.

Shortyred

Mar 28, 2011
Got a question anyone using antivirus or firewall program? I haven't seen any mentioned.

kabbie1882

Feb 24, 2011
Got a question anyone using antivirus or firewall program? I haven't seen any mentioned.

I can see using the firewall to sop others from seeing your nook.

I however can not see the use of an anti virus. Nothing can be installed on any Android device without your permission(except pushed OS updates on some devices). It is 99% impossible (as of now) for a virus to install itself on an Android device. The only way anything can be installed on your device, is if you tell it to do it. That is why you need to read and learn what permissions do what and how it effects your device.