youtube app

smoggypete

Jan 12, 2013
I have the dreaded "can't establish a secure data connection" problem, which means I can't log in to gmail or Google Play Store. I've tried hard reset without any success. One of the recommended fixes is to log in to Google via the youtube app, but I don't have that on my tablet. Can anyone tell me how I can install the youtube app when I can't get access to play store ?
Any advice appreciated.

D

Dawnstar

I have the dreaded "can't establish a secure data connection" problem, which means I can't log in to gmail or Google Play Store. I've tried hard reset without any success. One of the recommended fixes is to log in to Google via the youtube app, but I don't have that on my tablet. Can anyone tell me how I can install the youtube app when I can't get access to play store ?
Any advice appreciated.

Go into your Setting and touch the Wifi when it opens it will ask you for a Wireless Pin and then enter your Wireless password.

smoggypete

Jan 12, 2013
Thanks, but I already have an active WiFi connection - it's only play store that won't recognise my device now (it was fine until 2 days ago).

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Try removing your google account, reboot and add it again.

Settings - Account - Google - menu button (top right) - remove account

smoggypete

Jan 12, 2013
Thanks for the reply, but I can't even add my google account (same message when I try).

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Thanks for the reply, but I can't even add my google account (same message when I try).

Let me take a wag at this. Power down your router for 30 seconds. When it powers back up restart your tablet. See if that gets you any further.

smoggypete

Jan 12, 2013
Thanks. Done that, but it makes no difference - I can access any site except for all the Google ones, including gmail, talk and play store.