Youtube link playing in browser instead of youtube player - how to fix?

tvdinner

Jun 24, 2011
Hello all. This forum has been a great wealth of info.

This is my first question and I searched first but cant seem to find the answer.

Short story of what I need assistance on if possible.

1) My youtube icon and player work 100% fine

2) I am using a "Notes" app called Colornote. I love it and it works 100% fine.

3) I saved a youtube link in color note to be able to access it later. My son accidentally hit the link the first time and it asked (I am paraphrasing because I can't remember) which way I wanted the link to play in the future as the default setting - either the youtube player (which would have been the correct option) or the browser. My son picked browser. Now any youtube link goes to the browser to try to play which sometimes does not work for some youtube videos. This is now happening anywhere a youtube link is posted (on calendar, etc) because the entire tablet is going by this setting and trying to open youtube URL links in the browser instead of the youtube player

Question - HOW TO CHANGE THIS SETTING to the correct youtube player option or reset this setting.

Thank you all in advance for the knowledge and assistance.

androidnewb

Jun 22, 2011
I've looked through the settings on mine and can only maybe suggest you set the browser settings to default, that may reset it back to make the video play in YouTube. You could also try a quick software reset, but you'll want to back up anything you may want to keep software wise.

tvdinner

Jun 24, 2011
I've looked through the settings on mine and can only maybe suggest you set the browser settings to default, that may reset it back to make the video play in YouTube. You could also try a quick software reset, but you'll want to back up anything you may want to keep software wise.

Thank you for the reply. I have to believe that there is a simple way to reset this, since the system did ask which I wanted to use for this type file.

This should be much easier IMHO.

omnisvalidus

May 9, 2011
Go to Settings and Applications. In the settings for the browser click the Clear Defaults button and see if that works.