Youtube not playing videos

aludal

Dec 12, 2010
aludal how did you get your bluetooth to work? Mine dies nit scan at all it momentarily tries to turn on but then turns off again

i am on CM7 - 23 nightly - Daligrin's Froyo OC 1.1GHz
Yes, BT is not very stable at this point. Mine was doing the same after 1st, 2nd, and even 3rd reboot. It started working after plain turning off NC, then turning ON. Then there were good hints of holding Power button for 5....8 seconds when turning NC off.
But still, it's a half of the problem. Second part might prove much more difficult to tackle: phone, or other BT device might get paired, but not necessarily connect. My phone got connected my headphone -- not. However, pairing and connecting to a laptop/netbook might be easier. A2DP driver/framework installed is needed. Sure, it's convoluted very much, but I'm of an opinion that anyone willing to play with nightlies should prepare to do some work of his/her own. Now, it may take a week, as dalingrin is in Germany on a business trip or something, and there's not many volunteers to replace him in patching the ALSA driver for audio pipeline in video (and BT mic, BTW).
-----------------
Fine Oils

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
yeah agree - but was thinking more in terms of being able to use peripherals - i.e. bluetooth gps, keyboard and stereo sound

aludal

Dec 12, 2010
ah, I see. With ALSA working, plus possibly some cleaning of BT code, I don't see any limitations in NC BT connectivity as compared to, say, Droid phones: the BT code base is the same for NC and OMAP36xx-based phones. BT keyboards work even today, for BT GPS I have a very nice clip (not mine) in my blog, you are all welcome to have a look, I won't bite you there, lol.
Sure, in general my blog contains more questions than answers. Yet everyday I hope some bright guy reading my blog would say: "No, it's wrong! I know how to do it right!" For example, a guy who is able to recompile and debug the ALSA driver for NC in 3-4 days starting today has the chance to beat dalingrin in absentia, lol. And this will be HUGE, man.
Fine Oils

jinnijinn

Jan 31, 2011
I upgraded to nightly 26 but left off the OC kernal(1.1Ghz) and now Youtube and movies run. Is there an OC kernal that is compatible with video on CM7?

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
I upgraded to nightly 26 but left off the OC kernal(1.1Ghz) and now Youtube and movies run. Is there an OC kernal that is compatible with video on CM7?

CM7 has built in overclocking up to 925mhz. It is in the CM Settings>performance>CPU.

Word on the street, and my own experiments, seem to indicate that the built in kernal is more efficient and stable than the dalingrin kernal. For now anyway.

:rolleyes:And in case you haven't heard don't use SetCPU with CM7.:rolleyes:

jinnijinn

Jan 31, 2011
Thanks! I knew the setCPU app was no longer viable, but didn't know about the internal overclocking options.

ADude

Mar 4, 2011
My experience is that Youtube video works with CM7 Nightly 25, but not with 28, so I went back to 25.