youtube quality for 1.6 (800 x 480)

je_accuse

Dec 3, 2010
Root explorer says:
"Root access has not yet been obtained. Click OK, then restart the app to try again.
make sure that you respond correctly to the su prompt"

Perhaps the perpament rooting didn't work ... I'd say I'd try the temporary now

On the other hand, now I have in Z4root a third option UNROOT... so is it rooted or not?

tae254

Dec 20, 2010
I had to do mine twice and then it rooted. Once its rooted you should see a superuser application on your device. If you see that application then you are rooted. Click on root explorer and it should pop up saying do you want to give root explorer super permissions, click allow. and then follow the steps that i posted before.

je_accuse

Dec 3, 2010
There is indeed a superuser app, but the root explorer still says the same thing. I'm rebooting now.
Is it possible that the su binary file (whatever that is) is not updated? This was the message inside the superuser app.

Restarted, the same thing. No other way? At least I could reinstall Root Explorer...

Last edited:

tae254

Dec 20, 2010
Try this one root_explorer_2.12.3.apk

Let me know if that one works and i will walk you through the steps to properly do it.

je_accuse

Dec 3, 2010
Well, it doesn't though now there is a slightly different message:

"Root explorer has not yet managed to obtain root access. Because of issues with superuser, this often happens the first time the app is run but is usually fine from then on.

Click ok and restart the app to try again. make sure you respond correctly to the superuser prompt"

I tried several times.

Rebooting.

Last edited:

tae254

Dec 20, 2010
hmmm thats weird, go into your superuser application and see if root explorer is listed.

je_accuse

Dec 3, 2010
it is not, there is nothing in the list; perhaps I should have first installed the explorer and only then root?

tae254

Dec 20, 2010
No you have to have root access in order to use root explorer.. I would try to go back to z4root and undo root then restart your device. Then go back and root it again.. make sure that you are using the superuser for 1.5/1.6 option in z4root then reinstall root explorer.

je_accuse

Dec 3, 2010
Did what u said and the same thing.

The only thing I didn't quite mention is that when I open the Superuser it automatically detects a su binary update and then:

"Automatic update failed
An error occured and su was not updated. A zip file (su-2.3.1-bin-signed.zip) has been placed on your sdcard, please reboot into recovery mode and flash it to update your su binary."

1. Honestly, I wouldn't even know how to reboot into recovery mode, how does one do that?

2. Perhaps there is some option in z4root or something? Where should I look to make sure it's the 1.5-1.6 version?