Z102 subforum?

Merlin11

Apr 28, 2012
Hi guys I just bought a Zenithink Z102 and Iam having some trouble getting up tp speed soooo I was wondering if we could make a Z102 subforum? If not could anyone help get me up to speed? Do I need to root this tablet if so how? Is there a how to for flashing this device? I tried to flash my first Z102 and when I did I no longer had wifi?(sent it back) I was hoping to be able to use this for TV but when I go to the news site I like (livenewschat.tv) the video will not play? (it uses JW player?) Ive updated to flash player 11 but still no go? Also when I try to wach a HiDef MKV movie the video is great but there is a loud static noise that makes the movie unwatchable? Can this tablet be overclocked? Can I hack the operating system? Is there some place where I can find the info to get the Zenithink Z102 up to speed? I have Android 4.0.3. Sure glad I found this site Thanks.

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Merlin, looking through the Zenithink forum, I'm not seeing enough references to the Z102 to warrant a sub forum yet. I'll keep an eye on it and if that changes, we'll add one.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum Merlin!

One downfall to having a less popular tablet is the community is not as large when you get stuck.

What player are you using for playing mkv files? I use MX Player and they play just fine, but your device may not support it. Since yours is a single core cpu, it may struggle with large (720p and 1080p) videos.

Merlin11

Apr 28, 2012
Hi Frederuco thanks for replying. Ive tried mVideoPlayer MoviePlayer Mobo Video Player. The video looked great on MoviePlayer but has the sound problem. The video was very choppy on the other players. Zenithink's add says this tablet has full HD 1080P Support and all video decoding including support for MKV? The ver of the tablet I have is the newest with a 1 gig processor and 1gig of ram. Ive installed a 32gb class 10 SD card. Hope its some setup problem and not a cheep tablet problem lol. Is there anyone here that has this tablet that can watch a HiDef MKV movie with it? Thanks Guys.

Kingsman

Oct 31, 2011
Merlin11 said:
Hi Frederuco thanks for replying. Ive tried mVideoPlayer MoviePlayer Mobo Video Player. The video looked great on MoviePlayer but has the sound problem. The video was very choppy on the other players. Zenithink's add says this tablet has full HD 1080P Support and all video decoding including support for MKV? The ver of the tablet I have is the newest with a 1 gig processor and 1gig of ram. Ive installed a 32gb class 10 SD card. Hope its some setup problem and not a cheep tablet problem lol. Is there anyone here that has this tablet that can watch a HiDef MKV movie with it? Thanks Guys.

Hi Merlin,

My Zt-180 was in the same generation as yours, and had some of the same problems. I was on a high speed internet connection and found that I was having trouble with my router. I replaced this and never had another problem. I suggest that you try your tablet at another location and see what it does.