Z4root did not work?

Jan 4, 2011
It showed rooting was complete after using z4root. Superuser is also visible in application however using terminal apps it shows i only have read access to sys files. I have a china mid 7" wmt2.1.2 and i think a bogus android 2.2 os viewed from about device. Piease help

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
so the super user app appeared after you rooted it? if thats so try downloading titanium backup and see if it asks you for root rights

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
how many times have you tried z4root? because sometimes it takes a couple times, also universal androot might work

Jan 4, 2011
Tried to root unroot 5 times now with same results. Universal android is generating force close error.

mallaccra

Jan 4, 2011
After pressing the z4root.apk the applicatioin said my device X6D will be rebooted and it shut down. I pressed the power button and the device stuck at "ANDROID" wording. What shall i do??

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Finally got it rooted...

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

can you please post the process/steps you followed to get root finally working? It is important that we share these experiences for others to learn from.

thanks!

mallaccra

Jan 4, 2011
can you please post the process/steps you followed to get root finally working? It is important that we share these experiences for others to learn from.

thanks!

The process is pretty simple.....
1. Download z4root.apk and transfer to sd card
2. Install, Open, click Permanent Root (in my case the tablet doesn't reboot, i've to manually pressed the power button to shut it down)
3. Power on the tablet (the first power on the the tablet stuck at "ANDROID")
4. Power off then power on again.

That's it.....hope it helps

btw, i've sold my X6D and get a ZTE V9 Light

RomanticEvil

Oct 26, 2010
also have this bogus 2.2 tablet @ home, will be modded, rooted, boosted etc very soon when I finally have time for once damnit. Check my site for updates (see signature)

gracco

Jan 9, 2011
Hello, I have a TabletPC 7 "Android 1.6, and also I have tried several ways to make the root and eventually tells me that the process is completed. but does not give me root access. Even I have to manually restart my APAD. I have used z4root and universalroot and onclickroot with the same result. Help me please!

RomanticEvil

Oct 26, 2010
For which ROM is this ? I can root it for you, you need to reflash though. PM or email me if you want a rooted ROM, and if my current roms won't work