Z4ROOT doesn't root my 7015

rdawes

Jan 7, 2011
The first time I tried this using the ultimate guide and I got as far as testing the root but every time I typed su in terminal emulator the prompt stayed as a $ and I couldn't run Clockworkmod recovery.

I unrooted the 7015 and did a full factory reset with the latest update.zip to start over clean and this time I installed Z4ROOT as a sideload from the internal storage. It installed and it says that my tablet is rooted but I can't get the # prompt when I type su and when I run the recovery command I get permission denied.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Bob

Clancy

Jan 11, 2011
The first time I tried this using the ultimate guide and I got as far as testing the root but every time I typed su in terminal emulator the prompt stayed as a $ and I couldn't run Clockworkmod recovery.

I unrooted the 7015 and did a full factory reset with the latest update.zip to start over clean and this time I installed Z4ROOT as a sideload from the internal storage. It installed and it says that my tablet is rooted but I can't get the # prompt when I type su and when I run the recovery command I get permission denied.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Bob

I had posted some help here:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...way-root-get-android-market-your-kyros-2.html

Look at the last 2 or 3 posts.

Clancy-

rdawes

Jan 7, 2011
Great, thanks for the help.

I toggled the keyboard off in Terminal Emulator to see the SuperUser APPROVE button and everything works.

That should be added to the ultimate guide as it's an easy thing to miss. My button was obscrued in both portrait and landscape modes.
Bob