Zeki and Google Play

Discussion in 'Zeki 7" (TB782B)' started by uscanst56, Jun 27, 2012.

1. uscanst56

uscanst56 Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    toshiba thrive, zeki 7"
    I had the market sideloaded and working but now it won't authenticate. Anyone else?

Sent from my TB782B using Tapatalk 2
  2. uscanst56

uscanst56 Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    toshiba thrive, zeki 7"
    Got it working again. Think it had to do with removing the gmail app. All's fine with the zeki.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Clecinosu

Clecinosu Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Zeki TB728B
    I couldn't get the Google Play Store app to work on my Zeki 7" either. I asked Google Play about it, they said to talk to the developer. I wrote the DPI and they said Google Play was incompatible with the Zeki tablets.

I'm nothing if not frustrated. The apps I want aren't on Amazon, GetJar or Soc.io.
  4. gmontay

gmontay Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Zeki TB782B 7"

I was able to install the Google App Store with no problems by following the instruction found at Flash the Android Market Voice search to Zeki TB1082B & TB782B and no need root - xda-developers.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Rypper1

Rypper1 Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Onda V711
    I just added google play to three Zeki's using the above link to XDA-Developers. Worked great. Now I have two nephews and a niece that will be very happy for Christmas!
  6. zaivala

zaivala Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Zeki 7"
    I've also read that 1/3 of the people who reflash their Zeki wind up with a brick. I'm happy with Amazon for now.
  7. tabkeeper

tabkeeper Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Zeki
  8. TaekwonBo

TaekwonBo Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Zeki 7" TB782B
    I downloaded the "1MobileMarket" app store and was able to download Google+ app and others apps that are available in the Google Play store to my Zeki without flashing. I was also found and downloaded some apps not available from the amazon app store and they all seem to work fine. One app I cant get to work is the gmail app which forces close.

Any input on how to get GMAIL to work would be helpful.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. zaivala

zaivala Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Zeki 7"
    How do you get the 1mobilemarket app?
  10. TaekwonBo

TaekwonBo Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Zeki 7" TB782B
    Here is the apk directly from the site 1mobile.com - http://f.1mobile.com/mobile_software/channel/1MobileMarket.apk I did wind up uninstalling google plus since it always displayed a not connected to internet message. I was able to download the firefox browser and all seems to be working so far.
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. TaekwonBo

TaekwonBo Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Zeki 7" TB782B
    I got the Gmail app to work on my zeki w/o flashing. The app seems to be working fine. I even rebooted the Zeki and its still working. After downloading the Gmail app from 1mobilemarket I would get an error message that gmail stopped working. I noticed a sync button would appear but then the error message would gray it out. So I timed it so that when the app opens I can hit the sync button before the app would close and since doing that, the gmail app is working and I was even able to add more gmail accounts.

I try to attach a screen shot of the app.
  12. zaivala

zaivala Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Zeki 7"
    I got the 1mobile market installed. Looks great. It immediately saw all my apps with newer versions. Ok, so my Zeki only allowed about 1/4 of those updates to be installed, but I'm happy. I did not actually see the google play app but have several subsets. There was a GP shortcut app, but it didn't like me lol. I did vet Google Library and even a Kindle app. Highly recommended app store.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. TaekwonBo

TaekwonBo Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Zeki 7" TB782B
    I found that my apps not updating with 1mobile because they were originally installed with Amazon Market. I uninstalled the apps and reinstalled with 1mobile and the apps re-installed/updated with no problems. If you decide to uninstall, I would recommend backing up if you have the option so you don't lose progress or settings. However, check the app version to make sure that 1mobile is a higher version than Amazon Market.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. zaivala

zaivala Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Zeki 7"
    1mobilemarket reports the version numbers, so yes, they are higher versions. However, I've noticed the same problem with Amazon-downloaded apps -- it reports a newer version, but something in the apk file tells the Zeki it's already installed. As I said, somewhere between 1/4 and 1/3 of the apps I upgrade through 1mobilemarket DO update. Thank you so much for the link to this market.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. TaekwonBo

TaekwonBo Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Zeki 7" TB782B
    Here is an update on whats happening after installing some google apps from 1mobile market.

1. Gmail app still working and syncing fine with no issues.
    2. Google+ would sign in but not allow circle updates and said to retry connection
    3. Calendar would work but not allow syncing in setting>apps and sometimes would get error message to enable google play services
    4. Youtube would work but not allow sign-in saying I also need google play services even though it was already installed (side-loading).

I side-loaded the most recent Google play services from XDA site but errors still appeared. I also side-loaded Google play store from XDA, I can now see my Zeki on the google play website but cannot install via website due to error message on tablet but whats happening now is not what I expected.

Google Play store does not works and forces close, however with having Google play installed this is what has changed

5.Google+ allows has no connection retry message, circles are updating and even allows video hangouts
    6.Google Calendar allows syncing and no google play services update message
    7.Youtube allows sign-in and I no longer get google play services update message.

So far Im pleased to have google applications working without needing to flash. If you know how or what apk to sideload so the google play store stops forcing close would be a nice bonus but if not no biggie as The apps are still working just fine without the play store.
  16. Radioman55

Radioman55 Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Coby MID7024
    This sounds great but I have the newer Zeki TBD753B. Any advice for me to get Google Play up and running?
  17. kymalie

kymalie Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    ZEKI
    Was it easy to add the Google App Store and what does "no need root ~ xda-developers" mean? Thanx!:p
  18. TaekwonBo

TaekwonBo Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Zeki 7" TB782B
    I was able to get Google Play installed on my Zeki. The tablet was already rooted but I did not have to do any flashing as noted in other forums, Why I'm unsure-but its working and I'm excited. After reading multiple forums I came across one stating to move the play store to the system apps and not to downloaded apps. Once I granted ES Explorer Superuser permission it allowed me to add the google play APK to the system apps. I then restarted and opened the Play store. I was able to update some apps and I also checked the Play store on the PC and there were check marks on compatible apps.

Still loving my Zeki!