ZEKI TB782B 7" Tablet

adiazjr

Jun 11, 2012
Netflix does not work for me at all. I have tried several movies and shows in different WIFI connetions and scrolling is laggy and videos stop playing after a minutes

Lexridge

May 10, 2012
will it run flash 11,or is it already installed ?
meaning....is it loaded with 10 or 11
thanks....[

bob.sQUOTE=THR33IN0N3;216533]Awesome Thanks!
[/QUOTE]

Umm, you know, I cannot remember if it was 10 or 11 that was pre-installed, but it updated to 11 regardless if it came with 10. That is what mine has, and I did nothing to get it there.

BTW, I heard they are on sale at Kmart this week for $99.

Lexridge

May 10, 2012
I have not been very successful at getting a ROM built for this device. I have all the necessary components to do it, it is just that A10 kitchen is not working well for me. Plus, I am trying to use it in a virtual windows environment. If somebody out there is fluent with A10 Kitchen, and thinks they can build a stock ROM for this from my files, with minimum effort, please come forward.

thank you

EDIT: I finally got a ROM built today for this thing. It was actually quite simple, once I spent three entire days reading about the process and editing the image.cfg file. However, it is NOT yet tested. I will post more when I finally get it tested, and if it works, I will also make it available for download somewhere.

Last edited:

Lexridge

May 10, 2012
Netflix does not work for me at all. I have tried several movies and shows in different WIFI connetions and scrolling is laggy and videos stop playing after a minutes

That is strange. I ask my friend again, after seeing this message if she was having any problems with Netflix, and she said it has been working great for her. I don't have it, but I wish I could try it myself. I am way more technically minded than my friend is. She knows nothing about Android or computers for that matter. I will see her later today and drill her for better information.

THR33IN0N3

Jun 9, 2012
Lexridge said:
That is strange. I ask my friend again, after seeing this message if she was having any problems with Netflix, and she said it has been working great for her. I don't have it, but I wish I could try it myself. I am way more technically minded than my friend is. She knows nothing about Android or computers for that matter. I will see her later today and drill her for better information.

Thanks any info would be great. this is a big deal for me. I am a big netflix user.

adiazjr

Jun 11, 2012

That would be very helpful. I am not that knowledgeable about android but I can figure out things pretty quick. Everything works fine up until now except Netflix, navigation in the Amazon marketplace, and browsing with web pages with complicated content. I was guessing it was just a limitation of the hardware but hearing that she has no problems makes me think my tablet might have some problems.

Lexridge

May 10, 2012
That would be very helpful. I am not that knowledgeable about android but I can figure out things pretty quick. Everything works fine up until now except Netflix, navigation in the Amazon marketplace, and browsing with web pages with complicated content. I was guessing it was just a limitation of the hardware but hearing that she has no problems makes me think my tablet might have some problems.

Well, I ask her today what type of content she had been watching, and she has been watching TV series'. She said all has worked very good so far. I ask her if the programming was in 4x3 or 16x9 and she said it was all in 16x9. She has NOT watched any movies, only tv shows. Have you tried watching both with the same results?

Unfortunately, she did not have her tablet with her today, so I could try it on her tab. She said she would bring it to work tomorrow.

adiazjr

Jun 11, 2012
Well, I ask her today what type of content she had been watching, and she has been watching TV series'. She said all has worked very good so far. I ask her if the programming was in 4x3 or 16x9 and she said it was all in 16x9. She has NOT watched any movies, only tv shows. Have you tried watching both with the same results?

Unfortunately, she did not have her tablet with her today, so I could try it on her tab. She said she would bring it to work tomorrow.

I have tried movies new and old, tv shows, cartoons. Since I am more of an iOS user but I'm liking android also, how do you restore the tablet to factory settings if something were to happen? Like you would do with an iPhone connect to iTunes and reinstall iOS. Sorry to be so ignorant on this. This tablet is my very first android device.

adiazjr

Jun 11, 2012
I have tried movies new and old, tv shows, cartoons. Since I am more of an iOS user but I'm liking android also, how do you restore the tablet to factory settings if something were to happen? Like you would do with an iPhone connect to iTunes and reinstall iOS. Sorry to be so ignorant on this. This tablet is my very first android device.

I flashed the Android Market or Google Play to the tablet and installed Netflix from that store, which for some reason has a most recent update than that from Amazon store. Exactly the same situation. Lagging and streaming stops after couple of minutes. Given that netflix is the app I use the most I will return this tablet and get another model. Any recommendations?

uscanst56

Jun 13, 2012
Hey I picked one of these up. Got a question. Anyone having wifi eating alot of battery up? It's usually second in consumption after screen but I have never seen this on my thrive. If it was an app I removed all user installed and factory reset and it still did it. Seems to me its constantly sending data by the little arrows on the wifi notification bar. Suggestions?

Sent from my at100 using Tapatalk 2

Lexridge

May 10, 2012

To reset your tablet to factory defaults, do this.

1. Make sure your tablet has a full charge
  2. Press and hold the Volume – button and tap the Reset button
    (The reset button is located between the HDMI and USB ports) EDIT: I just discovered you can also get into recover mode by holding the volume down, then power on from an off state.
  3. Continue holding the Volume – button until the boot screen appears
  4. Release the Volume – button
  5. Use the volume controls to navigate to "Wipe data/Factory reset"
  6. Press the power button to select
  7. Navigate to "Delete all user data"
  8. Press the power button to select
Your table will take several minutes to reboot to a factory default setting.

Also, just out of curiosity, try downgrading the video quality of your netflix app. I have read this makes a big difference with little noticeable loss of video quality.

Last edited:

Lexridge

May 10, 2012
Hey I picked one of these up. Got a question. Anyone having wifi eating alot of battery up? It's usually second in consumption after screen but I have never seen this on my thrive. If it was an app I removed all user installed and factory reset and it still did it. Seems to me its constantly sending data by the little arrows on the wifi notification bar. Suggestions?

Sent from my at100 using Tapatalk 2

I too have noticed that WiFi eats the battery pretty quickly. If you go to your Settings menu, and on the Wifi settings, click the menu button (top right) and go to Advanced. There you will have three options:
1. Always
2. Only when plugged in
3. Never

If you are set to Always, it will drain your battery VERY quickly. I keep mine set to number 2, Only when plugged in. Hope this helps.

uscanst56

Jun 13, 2012
Thanks for the tip. Can't believe I missed the advanced setting on wifi. Also changing setcpu govenor to conservative from fantasy to sqeak out a little more battery. Not too much of a performance hit that I notice yet.

Sent from my TB782B using Tapatalk 2