ZEKI TB782B 7" Tablet

cdean

Jun 13, 2012
I flashed the Android Market or Google Play to the tablet and installed Netflix from that store, which for some reason has a most recent update than that from Amazon store. Exactly the same situation. Lagging and streaming stops after couple of minutes. Given that netflix is the app I use the most I will return this tablet and get another model. Any recommendations?

[SUB][/SUB]

How do you install Google play on this device. I called the number they gave was told it does not support it.

adiazjr

Jun 11, 2012
Don't have any idea why this would make any difference, but after giving another try today I noticed Netflix play with no problem when tablet is connected to electric outlet, once I disconnect streaming stops after couple of minutes.... crazy!

THR33IN0N3

Jun 9, 2012
Just want to let you guys know, I got my zeki tablet 7" today and so far I love it. Yes netflix works great. Thanks for all the help.

uscanst56

Jun 13, 2012
Enjoy your zeki. I'm not a Netflix user but so far everything I throw at it this little tablet can handle. Oh except chrome browser beta. That doesn't start at all but I think its a widespread prob and not just zeki.

Sent from my at100 using Tapatalk 2

uscanst56

Jun 13, 2012
Hey just curious. Does everyone else have kernel version 3.0.8+ szg@server #124. And build number crane_dlyx-eng 4.0.3 Iml74K 20120327 test-keys. ?

sent from my at100 or maybe my tb782b

LostWater

Jun 14, 2012
I have tried for hours with several hours with several versions and still cannot get Netflix to last more than 2 minutes before locking up.

Please tell how you got it to work on new Zeki 7" with ics

Thznks,

Mark

[Q.UOTE=THR33IN0N3;217539]Just want to let you guys know, I got my zeki tablet 7" today and so far I love it. Yes netflix works great. Thanks for all the help.[/QUOTE]

LostWater

Jun 14, 2012
Plugging it onto the power outlet makes no difference. Netflix still dies ~ 1 minute. Anybody figure out what gives?

sirdashadow

Jun 14, 2012
Not sure if this would relate with your netflix problem, but I was getting very lousy wifi peformance (300kbps using WEP, then switched to WPA2, went up to 1Mbps). Then after a lot of thought, I realized that my router was on Channel 1. I moved it to Channel 11 and viola-was getting 8Mbps on speedtest.net, and 10Mbps on the market. WLAN was fast too, was able to stream movies from my DLNA server...

Lexridge

May 10, 2012
Not sure if this would relate with your netflix problem, but I was getting very lousy wifi peformance (300kbps using WEP, then switched to WPA2, went up to 1Mbps). Then after a lot of thought, I realized that my router was on Channel 1. I moved it to Channel 11 and viola-was getting 8Mbps on speedtest.net, and 10Mbps on the market. WLAN was fast too, was able to stream movies from my DLNA server...

I am on channel 6 and getting about 10Mb/s. Not bad, however the range is not very good I have noticed, and if you look at the photos I posted up there, you will see why. The antenna is just a printed circuit trace. I am thinking of a way to better the antenna. Probably just soldering a wire that wraps around the inside of the case would help, but I will have to do some tests.

LostWater

Jun 14, 2012
I installed the Google Play according to the thread at XDA Developers, Directions work great. Gmail works, downloading and installing apps works.

Tried uninstalling Netflix and downloading again from Google Play. Pictures looks beautiful for 1-3 minutes then stops, like it has before.

Googled this issue: in the past, Netflix software versions would pop-up a message during play that the device was unsupported and it would stop the video. Someone cracked earlier versions of the Netflix software (APK) and removed the device reporting command, and users stated that the cracked version worked. This was back in mid 2011, there are at least two new versions of the Netflix software, now on 1.8.0. I have not found an APK where someone turned of the device reporting. Downloading previous versions that claimed to be cracked also cut out at 1-2 minutes, but that might be related to the message at load telling one to download the new version of software.

Any help would be most appreciated. After 4 hours, I totally love this tablet. If it would get Netflix, it would completely meet the needs I bought it for (cheap tab for the kiddos).

Thanks

LostWater

Jun 14, 2012
Haven't seen where/how I can stream movies from my DLNA server. What software on the tab are you using?

Thanks

anon2243

Jun 15, 2012
I'm new to 4.0 ICS...how do I get the built in task manager to start on the Zeki? I tried holding the middle app button down but it didn't work.

adiazjr

Jun 11, 2012
I installed the Google Play according to the thread at XDA Developers, Directions work great. Gmail works, downloading and installing apps works.

Tried uninstalling Netflix and downloading again from Google Play. Pictures looks beautiful for 1-3 minutes then stops, like it has before.

Googled this issue: in the past, Netflix software versions would pop-up a message during play that the device was unsupported and it would stop the video. Someone cracked earlier versions of the Netflix software (APK) and removed the device reporting command, and users stated that the cracked version worked. This was back in mid 2011, there are at least two new versions of the Netflix software, now on 1.8.0. I have not found an APK where someone turned of the device reporting. Downloading previous versions that claimed to be cracked also cut out at 1-2 minutes, but that might be related to the message at load telling one to download the new version of software.

Any help would be most appreciated. After 4 hours, I totally love this tablet. If it would get Netflix, it would completely meet the needs I bought it for (cheap tab for the kiddos).

Thanks

Well, I know this is an android forum but yesterday I bought iPads and a Mac for my sisters and myself. I decided to get an airport extreme given the amount of devices I was going to have on wifi. Everything works perfect. The surprise? Netflix on my zeki now works perfectly. I guess the app on this device is extremely sensitive to wifi quality.