ZEKI TB782B 7" Tablet

cdean

Jun 13, 2012
Thanks. The reset worked I never saw that. I have found that when it gets hot or to warm thats when it seems to freeze.

Lexridge

May 10, 2012
I guess I am out of the Zeki tablet world now. My display went to hell, so I went out and purchased another one, and it was dead. Would not even turn on. So I returned it, and Kmart was out of them. So, I got a full refund.

Anyway, I have been looking at the Ainol Novo 7 Elf II. However it would seem the only online stores that have them are Chinese based. I do NOT want to order a tablet from China or Hong Kong. Does anybody know of any American distributors of Chinese tablets that maybe handles the Ainol tablets?

Thanks

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
I guess I am out of the Zeki tablet world now. My display went to hell, so I went out and purchased another one, and it was dead. Would not even turn on. So I returned it, and Kmart was out of them. So, I got a full refund.

Anyway, I have been looking at the Ainol Novo 7 Elf II. However it would seem the only online stores that have them are Chinese based. I do NOT want to order a tablet from China or Hong Kong. Does anybody know of any American distributors of Chinese tablets that maybe handles the Ainol tablets?

Thanks

What Happened to that ROM you built? I will be getting one next week and would be willing to test it or even keep it going.

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
Just got this today and so far I am pretty impressed. I have burned through about 9 &" allwinners and out of the box this has been the best so far. WiFi is strong, it got 6827 on CaffieneMark without any tweaks. This may be a keeper for me.

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
So far so good with this tablet. Zeki customer services, well the company they hired for customer service, basically sucks. The person on the phone has no clue about the tablet except what they read off the sheet in front of them. Kind of typical for a cheaper tablet. But out of the box Netflix is nar perfect. The wifi is strong enough I don;t know If I am going to bother to tweak it, but I did get about 1700+ more on the CM3 score after some system tweaks.

uscanst56

Jun 13, 2012
glad you are liking your zeki. Very happy with mine. I've said before it's taken everything I've thrown at it. What tweaks are you talking about...build prop?

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
Build prop and some WiFi. Basically some media setting, I don't really use Play so I don't worry about changing the identifiers for compatability and right now it doesn;t seem to need anything. It overclocks nice so I may just play around with some visual stuff.

dgosho

Jul 19, 2012
Hi everyone.
I know better than this. But I did NOT do a backup before tweaking things in my Zeki (including messing with the build.prop) and now it won't go past the android splash screen.
I did a factory reset, and it still won't go past the android splash screen.

Is there any chance that anyone has a backup file (from a new system without any changes) that I can use to "update from external storage" or know where I can obtain one?

Thank you!

wallersims

Jul 23, 2012
Hi all! I'm loving my new Zeki 7" tablet. I just installed Google Play without any problems by going to mediafire.com and downloading the gp3.7.13.apk file directly on to my tablet. works great!!

eBandit

Jan 16, 2012
Just got my 7" Zeki and a couple faulty Trio tablets. I noticed the Trio when I had a inclometer or bubble level app on it; that it knew when it was laid flat and it changed level types, this one still works but does not change level types so I guess not as advanced G-Sensor? (Called support but they get offended if you compare it to another tablet)

Also I asked support if I could use a USB keyboard and they said it DOES NOT have the software to use a usb keyboard. I wanted the feature (glad I didnt order the case with keyboard yet). So is this true and if so is there a fix to make it work? They claim no way to do it. If not I have to consider returning it and just waiting till I am ready to buy a $200+ tablet I guess. I wasnt going to use it a bunch so I didnt want to spend much on my first tablet.

I have seen so many reports of these having screen etc. issues after only a couple days. Are they reliable enough to keep? Should I add the extended warranty (I think $7.99 for 1 year and $14.99 to 2 years)? I only paid $89 for it.

Aug 18, 2012
I would say go ahead and get one of the extended warranties--you just never know. I got mine from Sears for $99 with the 2 year extended warranty and didn't feel like I was breaking the bank. Since I've bought it, no sign of the known problems just yet, but at least I feel like I have a backup plan just in case. I've had mine for two months, and my mom got one too. We've been lucky! *knocks wood*

I thought I saw somewhere in one of the forums (maybe not here) that someone was able to get a USB keyboard working. If I find that link again, I'll come back and post it.

Since I'm here, I was wondering how updates to the Android OS will work. I'm still new to how Android works in general. Apparently Google will push updates to the OS out to certain product lines in waves, but I assume that our "off brand" tablets will need someone in xda or something to make an update for us? How does that work? Don't need to have Jelly Bean/ other confectionary update right away, of course, but it'll be nice to know later on down the line.

eBandit

Jan 16, 2012
I found the keyboard post. My Zeki is freezing at times and has shut off on its own so it is going back. I am going to get the Novo Elf II since it has better specs and dual core at the same price point or maybe the the Nexus 7 Google (ASUS) tablet since it is nvidia quad core and loaded with magnetomtor, accelerometer, gps etc. etc. etc. and only 199 to 250 depending on 8Gb or 16Gb, only think dont like so far about it is the lack of a Micro SDHC reader. That was a dumb move I think, they charge $50 to get the extra 8GB! But I can get by with that I think. or may wait and see what else is out or comes out with that "cheap" nvidia quad core chip in it.

I am done with kmart/sears for any tablets though, keep getting junk and bad CS to boot. Hope yours works out for ya, mine is going back most likely tonight or tomorrow after I wipe it clean.

travisc

Aug 27, 2012
Can anyone play Temple Run with this? It runs smoothly on mine, but tilting the tablet doesn't move the guy from side to side... I've tried both accelerometer settings :(