Zenithink C93 Internal Storage Problem

Apr 19, 2013
Hey Guys...
3 days ago i got my C93. At the beginning it worked fine, but then the internal storage was broken or something.
i can't play games or download apps on my internal storage. if i want to download a pic or a vid, it says that i need a sd card.
in the setting > storage it means that the "internal sd" is there, but when i click on mount, nothing happens.
it's on the newest official android version. if i try to flash a stock based rom, it skipps the recovery mode.
i need help please...
thanks

ps. sorry for fails. from germany ^^

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
Hey Guys...
3 days ago i got my C93. At the beginning it worked fine, but then the internal storage was broken or something.
i can't play games or download apps on my internal storage. if i want to download a pic or a vid, it says that i need a sd card.
in the setting > storage it means that the "internal sd" is there, but when i click on mount, nothing happens.
it's on the newest official android version. if i try to flash a stock based rom, it skipps the recovery mode.
i need help please...
thanks

ps. sorry for fails. from germany ^^

Do you have a H6_1f or H6_2f C93? Are you sure you are using the correct ROM for your tablet? Is your sdcard formatted FAT32 (full format, not quick)?

Apr 19, 2013
Do you have a H6_1f or H6_2f C93? Are you sure you are using the correct ROM for your tablet? Is your sdcard formatted FAT32 (full format, not quick)?

on my tab? i've downloaded the 2f and the 1f from the zenithink site.
jep i farmatted it to FAT32 full. but it skipps the recovery...

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
on my tab? i've downloaded the 2f and the 1f from the zenithink site.
jep i farmatted it to FAT32 full. but it skipps the recovery...
Well which version do you have? The 1f or 2f?
If a FULL format of the sdcard to fat32 (usually takes a very long time depending on the size of the sdcard, not a quick format) doesn't work, sometimes just using a different sdcard works (at least with other Zenithink models).....
If you have a 2f, I'm not sure, they are using different types of files for that version tablet, and I'm not sure how the flashing method is supposed to work for that model....

Apr 19, 2013
Well which version do you have? The 1f or 2f?
If a FULL format of the sdcard to fat32 (usually takes a very long time depending on the size of the sdcard, not a quick format) doesn't work, sometimes just using a different sdcard works (at least with other Zenithink models).....
If you have a 2f, I'm not sure, they are using different types of files for that version tablet, and I'm not sure how the flashing method is supposed to work for that model....

ok... it took a long time to formate my 16gb FT card.... i've got a 4GB FT card to. i can test it with the 4gb and tell you then what happend...
thx:cool:

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
First, please tell me which version tablet you have.... 1f or 2f? It's really hard to help when you won't tell me which version tablet you have.....

What are all the files you have on your sdcard when you are trying to flash it?

Apr 19, 2013
First, please tell me which version tablet you have.... 1f or 2f? It's really hard to help when you won't tell me which version tablet you have.....

What are all the files you have on your sdcard when you are trying to flash it?

the stock rom. android 4.1... i dont know more... sorry. on my sd there is the zt-update folder with the update data from the official site

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
the stock rom. android 4.1... i dont know more... sorry. on my sd there is the zt-update folder with the update data from the official site
There is no barcode sticker on your tablet that has a model# on it?

In the settings app on your tablet, in about tablet, what does that say?

Kj2013

Apr 24, 2013
I've had my c93 white for 3 days when I turned it on today the 8 gig internal SD storage wasn't showing up now I can't take picture or access it in settings it says no SD card is mounted I'm new to tablets and android I only use laptop for my djing, any ideas on what too do its running jellybean 4.1.1 barcode mxc93_8gb-1f-h6-sa097 swiydei301280122n00037

Last edited:

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
I've had my c93 white for 3 days when I turned it on today the 8 gig internal SD storage wasn't showing up now I can't take picture or access it in settings it says no SD card is mounted I'm new to tablets and android I only use laptop for my djing, any ideas on what too do its running jellybean 4.1.1 barcode mxc93_8gb-1f-h6-sa097 swiydei301280122n00037
mxc93_8gb-1f-h6-sa097

OK, so you have a H6_1f version.... Same as the one I do (but mine is black).... Wonder which ROM you are running.... I haven't tried any of Zenithink's JellyBean 4.1.1 ROMs on my tablet yet... I usually switch between my ICS ROM and Christian Troy's CM10.1 JellyBean 4.2.2....

You could download the latest ROM from the Zenithink website and reflash the whole tablet via an sdcard (formatted to FAT32) (but you may have a newer ROM on your tablet) - Zenithink the 0222 ROM - http://www.zenithink.com/UploadFile/ZT283_H6_1f_1GB_Android4.1_0222_V1.9.zip (download the file, unzip it and copy the zt-update folder onto your fat32 formatted sdcard, place the sdcard in the tablet, then hold the Back button on top as you power on the tablet, then it should reflash the tablet)....

Or if you just want to fix the internal storage, you can edit some things in the zt-update folder before you flash your tablet..... Delete all the files from the zt-update folder except for the ZT283.recovery file and the command file.... And you will need to edit the command file with a txt editor like notepad or something..... Change the contents of the file from
##### update stand android package
#
# package format is ZIP
# --[cmd]=[source volume:][package name]
##--update_package=SDCARD:zt-update/update.zip
##### erase system part
#
# --[cmd]
--wipe_system
##### erase data part
#
# --[cmd]
--wipe_data
##### erase cache part
# --[cmd]
--wipe_cache
##### erase media part
# --[cmd]
--wipe_media
##### update oem android package
#
# package format is TAR
# SYSTEM: system.zt280.tar.bz
# DATA: data.zt280.tar.bz
# MEDIA: media.zt280.tar.bz
# --[cmd]=[source volume]:<target volume 0>:<constraint?>,<target volume 1>:<constraint?>,...
# for [SYSTEM]
#
--update_oem_package=SDCARD:SYSTEM:0,DATA:0,MEDIA:0
##### patch oem android package
#
# package format is folder
# SYSTEM: system0
# DATA: data
# MEDIA: media
# --[cmd]=[source volume]:<target volume 0>:<constraint?>,<target volume 1>:<constraint?>,...
--patch_oem_package=SDCARD:SYSTEM:0,DATA:0,MEDIA:0

##### update audio linence
# licence is "licence1.ef"
# --[cmd]=
##--update_efuse_licence=1
##### update ethernet mac address
# licence is ???
# --[cmd]=
##--update_efuse_mac=
##### update i2c device firmware
# --[cmd]=
##--update_i2c_device=1

--show_text
## valid command is start from -- and max words less than 4096
## max command number is 100

to

##### update stand android package
#
# package format is ZIP
# --[cmd]=[source volume:][package name]
##--update_package=SDCARD:zt-update/update.zip
##### erase system part
#
# --[cmd]
#--wipe_system
##### erase data part
#
# --[cmd]
#--wipe_data
##### erase cache part
# --[cmd]
#--wipe_cache
##### erase media part
# --[cmd]
--wipe_media
##### update oem android package
#
# package format is TAR
# SYSTEM: system.zt280.tar.bz
# DATA: data.zt280.tar.bz
# MEDIA: media.zt280.tar.bz
# for [SYSTEM]
#
#--update_oem_package=SDCARD:SYSTEM:0,DATA:0,MEDIA:0
##### patch oem android package
#
# package format is folder
# SYSTEM: system0
# DATA: data
# MEDIA: media
#--patch_oem_package=SDCARD:SYSTEM:0,DATA:0,MEDIA:0

##### update audio linence
# licence is "licence1.ef"
# --[cmd]=
##--update_efuse_licence=1
##### update ethernet mac address
# licence is ???
# --[cmd]=
##--update_efuse_mac=
##### update i2c device firmware
# --[cmd]=
##--update_i2c_device=1

--show_text
## valid command is start from -- and max words less than 4096
## max command number is 100
Pretty much make sure all the lines begin with a # except for the --wipe_media line (and the show text line will just let you see it on the screen, so you don't need to comment out that), and then only that missing internal storage will get reformatted so it can work again....

Last edited:

Kj2013

Apr 24, 2013
Box says cortex a9 duel core 1.6ghz i think i dont have an external tf card to do this i dled it too the laptop to put on this but i cant access any internal memory via any folders, so do i need to get a external tf card too do above thanks,

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
It should be a genuine Zenithink C93 (H6_1f version) tablet.... Although it is only a 1.2GHz CPU on JellyBean 4.1.1 (ICS - Android 4.0.3 can go up to 1.5GHz), and there is 1GB of RAM, just some of it is reserved for the GPU, so it only says 876RAM, because that's what's available to the Android OS...

This is part of the build.prop from the 0222 ROM for the C93 H6_1f tablet:
# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=JRO03C
ro.build.display.id=JRO03C.20121027
ro.build.version.incremental=20121027
ro.build.version.sdk=16
ro.build.version.codename=JellyBean
ro.build.version.release=4.1.1
ro.build.date=Sat Oct 27 16:14:13 CST 2012
ro.build.date.utc=1351325653
ro.build.type=user
ro.build.user=android
ro.build.host=amdroid
ro.build.tags=test-keys
ro.product.model=g04ref
ro.product.brand=MID
ro.product.name=g04ref
ro.product.device=g04ref
ro.product.board=g04ref
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=MID
ro.product.locale.language=ldpi
ro.wifi.channels=14
ro.board.platform=meson6
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=g04ref
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=g04ref-user 4.1.1 JRO03C 20121027 test-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=MID/g04ref/g04ref:4.1.1/JRO03C/20121027:user/test-keys
ro.build.characteristics=tablet
# end build properties

So it seems to match.... Usually you would need to look at the internal storage to see what the text file says to know what ROM is on it, as the 0222 build.prop still has a date of Oct 27 2012, so you can't tell from the Settings app/About tablet tab's info....

There is probably a way to reformat the internal storage via a terminal emulator app, but I do not know how to do that... Usually I just use the command file to reformat what I need to....

You should be good to go once you get an sdcard....

Good Luck!

PS - If you do find another solution, please post it!

Kj2013

Apr 24, 2013
Thanks fir the help mate any idea what card i need as theres so many would like a 32 gig one fpr this should i just getna smaller one first.