Zenithink C93 Internal Storage Problem

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
thanks ill try them out . the tablet went into debugging mode said no bebugging program set. when plugged in via usb too laptop. shall i download those files onto the 4 gig card and reflash then and delete the other one i reflashed it with the first time. yeah i couldnt get temple run too work it wouldnt tilt too the sides.

not sure whats causing it too fail. it was working fine i was playing real racing 3 put it on charge for a while came back and it vanished 10 hours of racing gone :/.
Hmmm, like I said, I haven't tried Zenithink's JB ROMs, so I'm not sure.... On my ICS ROM, in Settings/Developer Options I have a check next to USB debugging, Allow Mock Locations and Force GPU rendering... When I attach a usb cable from the tablet to the computer, there is a notification that pops up on the tablet with the usb symbol on it (USB connected), I tap on that and then Turn on USB then OK, and then the internal storage and the sdcard gets unmounted from the tablet and mounts on my computer as two other drives.... Then before I turn it off, I eject both drives from my computer and then tap Turn off USB storage....

If you wouldn't mind downgrading to ICS and would like to try my modified ICS ROM, delete the zt-update folder on your sdcard that has the 0222 ROM on it, download both ROM files of mine and unzip the C93_ICS_0911_omarahum_modified_Zenithink_ROM_updatedNov9th2012.zip file and move that zt-update folder to your sdcard, then rename the C93.system.patch.zt280.tar.bz.tar to system.patch.zt280.tar.bz.tar and add it into the zt-update folder, then flash your tablet like you did with the 0222.....

Yeah, I'm not sure what causes the internal storage corruption for some H6_1f tablets, I've never had that probem (knock on wood), but that's why they started making the H6_2f version tablets, that has a different nand driver....

Last edited:

Kj2013

Apr 24, 2013
thanks im trying it out now. install went fine kinda the same layout as before just less internal space i think internal 1.79 gig internal nand 4.77gig. the camera zoom works now lol.

Last edited:

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
thanks im trying it out now. install went fine kinda the same layout as before just less internal space i think internal 1.79 gig internal nand 4.77gig. the camera zoom works now lol.
Cool, can't wait to hear your thoughts on it after you've tried it for a while...

I usually move all my apps to the data partition (the ones playstore automatically installs on the sdcard) via settings/apps/sdcard... I think the tablet loads a little faster when it doesn't have to wait for the sdcard to load while booting to display all the apps...

I also switched my launcher to Holo Launcher HD on my tablet... You may want to try a different launcher app...

Kj2013

Apr 24, 2013
i tryed to install the tab tales books for my daughter but not hearing them being read too me they worked on jelly bean im not sure if its just the app itself thats faulty. yeah the apps just go directly too the sdcard. i havent tryed any other games yet but will play around with some and see if everything is cool.. i like the screenshot option i didnt have that before. did u install Holo Launcher HD on the files ive put on this?.

its okay its just the app i tryed the other books.

Last edited:

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
i tryed to install the tab tales books for my daughter but not hearing them being read too me they worked on jelly bean im not sure if its just the app itself thats faulty. yeah the apps just go directly too the sdcard. i havent tryed any other games yet but will play around with some and see if everything is cool.. i like the screenshot option i didnt have that before. did u install Holo Launcher HD on the files ive put on this?.

its okay its just the app i tryed the other books.
So the tab tale books app isn't working? Sorry about that... This is just a modified Zenithink ROM, Zenithink didn't perfect the ROM before moving onto JellyBean... Which app is it? Can you post a PlayStore link (if there is a free version)? https://play.google.com/

No, I didn't include Holo Launcher with my ROM, but you can download it from the Play Store... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobint.hololauncher.hd People have different preferences to which Launcher they use, so I left the stock launcher so people can install whatever launcher they prefer after flashing the ROM... https://play.google.com/store/search?q=Launcher&c=apps

Most people who haven't used my ROM says jellybean is a lot faster than ICS, what do you think? Is my ICS ROM noticeably slower than JellyBean?

Kj2013

Apr 24, 2013
its these books they just dont auto read anymore but sound effects work https://play.google.com/store/apps/...iwiY29tLnRhYnRhbGUuZ29sZGlsb2Nrcy5nb29nbGUiXQ.. they are all free for reading. cool ill see if theres a difference in the launcher i might try it out sometime seems to be okay with this one im using now. theres only a slight few differences different menu layouts and options where you can slide too the side in the settings. i havent noticed a difference in speed yet it seems too work perfect. im just dling that racing game again and see how that goes seems too be just as fast for what ive been using it for since i updated it too your rom.

oh i tryed temple run 2 again still doesnt tilt . not tryed the first one yet thow.

Kj2013

Apr 24, 2013
just tryed real racing three by ea.. i get no sound effects now and its a bit glitchy it crashed a lot not sure if its due to ics rom. but didnt go too good lol.

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
its these books they just dont auto read anymore but sound effects work https://play.google.com/store/apps/...iwiY29tLnRhYnRhbGUuZ29sZGlsb2Nrcy5nb29nbGUiXQ.. they are all free for reading. cool ill see if theres a difference in the launcher i might try it out sometime seems to be okay with this one im using now. theres only a slight few differences different menu layouts and options where you can slide too the side in the settings. i havent noticed a difference in speed yet it seems too work perfect. im just dling that racing game again and see how that goes seems too be just as fast for what ive been using it for since i updated it too your rom.

oh i tryed temple run 2 again still doesnt tilt . not tryed the first one yet thow.
Hmm, when you flashed my ROM, did you download the C93.system.patch.zt280.tar.bz file and rename it to system.patch.zt280.tar.bz and added it to the zt-update folder? (I just noticed mediafire added an extra .tar at the end of it which shouldn't be there, I just fixed it...) If the filename was wrong, it probably didn't get flashed... You can reflash it and put a # infront of the 4 wipe commands in the command file so nothing gets erased.....

If there are some apps where the sound isn't working the way it should, I would advise to try one of Christian Troy's ROMs... In his ROMs he switched from using alsa sound drivers to tinyalsa sound drivers which makes sounds in a lot of apps work correctly now (like simpsons tapped out)... Like his CM10.1 ROM http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/42132-rom-cyanogenmod-101-for-c97-c93-update-2013-05-05/ Flashing one of his ROMs is a lot different that flashing my ICS of one of Zenithink's ROMs because he uses TWRP recovery....

Last edited:

Kj2013

Apr 24, 2013
i renamed the whole file too what you said. the tablet started acting funny the screen started flashing on the menus . it was flashed as this system.patch.zt280.tar.bz.tar so must of not went well. ill try it out all again.

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
i renamed the whole file too what you said. the tablet started acting funny the screen started flashing on the menus . it was flashed as this system.patch.zt280.tar.bz.tar so must of not went well. ill try it out all again.
With all the problems you are having with my ROM, I think it's probably best you use one of Christian Troy's ROMs instead... My ICS ROM seems to suit my needs, but doesn't seem to fulfill yours... Do you think you want to try one of his ROMs? Would you be comfortable using his TWRP recovery to flash his ROM? If you have any questions about it, I can try to help.... - http://www.slatedroid.com/forum/412-zt-283-c97-custom-rom-development/ (like the CM10.1 JB 4.2.2 - http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/42132-rom-cyanogenmod-101-for-c97-c93-update-2013-05-05/ It's the only ROM of his I've tried so far...)

Another option would be a modified version of Zenithink's 0222 JB 4.1.1 ROM a member on SlateDroid (Pas) put together - http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/571...-41-c93-h6-1f/page__view__findpost__p__750778

Last edited:

Kj2013

Apr 24, 2013
ill give them all a try out . do you get a negative glare from your tablet on the bottom when camera on right side tilted to the right but when tilted too the left can see fine as you would tilting camera down towards you long ways but tilt up ways looks like a negative pic i cant rem if it had this as my daughter sat on the box with the tablet in it lol.

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
ill give them all a try out . do you get a negative glare from your tablet on the bottom when camera on right side tilted to the right but when tilted too the left can see fine as you would tilting camera down towards you long ways but tilt up ways looks like a negative pic i cant rem if it had this as my daughter sat on the box with the tablet in it lol.
Sorry, I don't follow.... Are you talking about when only using the camera? I never really use the camera on the tablet, only tried to see if it could take pictures ok (on my ICS ROM, as some people have had issues with the camera when using one of Christian Troy's ROMs) and checked once to see if I could video Skype with a user on an iPad, both seemed to work okay when I tried (a while ago)....

Kj2013

Apr 24, 2013
no i just ment from the screen, i think im having problems with this external kingston 8gig card like i said it wouldnt read in the laptop. i noticed my apps werent saved too it. so i just cut and pasted the apps that i play too it they moved then the external card storage space didnt change the tablet crashed and the external sd card was reading unmounted and there was no app info on it lol disaster this lol.

tryed the 4gig card now but when i move real racing 3 not sure if im doing it right it re downloaded all the date and reset my game still not sure if anything is on that card. if i cant save any of these too the external sd card then i know the internal might fail again and reset the whole game again. not sure if im able too move the game to external sd card and what files i should be moving too it as im new too android.

im reading a few posts about a directory bind im guessing i need that. like this http://www.howtomakeonline.org/YeX0...-external-sd-card-Android-Directory-Bind.html

Last edited:

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
no i just ment from the screen, i think im having problems with this external kingston 8gig card like i said it wouldnt read in the laptop. i noticed my apps werent saved too it. so i just cut and pasted the apps that i play too it they moved then the external card storage space didnt change the tablet crashed and the external sd card was reading unmounted and there was no app info on it lol disaster this lol.

tryed the 4gig card now but when i move real racing 3 not sure if im doing it right it re downloaded all the date and reset my game still not sure if anything is on that card. if i cant save any of these too the external sd card then i know the internal might fail again and reset the whole game again. not sure if im able too move the game to external sd card and what files i should be moving too it as im new too android.

im reading a few posts about a directory bind im guessing i need that. like this How To Move Apps To External Sd Card Android - Directory Bind | How To Make & Do Everything!
What you are describing is a difference between an LCD screens and an IPS screens viewing angles......

Not sure why you need to move apps to the sdcard.... The reason I did the 2GB data mod on the Zenithink kernels and recoveries was so people wouldn't have to move apps off the tablet... Usually games with a lot of data will store their extra info on the sdcard, but the app is still on the tablet.... I keep all my apps on the tablet (data partition) and even move apps that Playstore installs on the sdcard back to the data partition (via Settings/Applications/On sdcard tab/tap on the app and click on the Move to Tablet button)....

Which ROM are you using right now? Pas's 0222 Zenithink JB 4.1.1 or one of Christian Troy's JB 4.2.2 ROMs?

Last edited:

Kj2013

Apr 24, 2013
im going too retry your rom again but rename the file right as i was using the jellybean again and the internal memory vanished again it seems to happen after a certain time.