Zenithink C93 Internal Storage Problem

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
im going too retry your rom again but rename the file right as i was using the jellybean again and the internal memory vanished again it seems to happen after a certain time.
Since many things you wanted to use the tablet for didn't work correctly with my modified Zenithink ICS ROM, I suggest you try Christian Troy's CM10.1 ROM first...

Original Thread: [rom] CyanogenMod 10.1 for C97 / C93 (update 2013-05-18) - SlateDroid.com
Files you need to download:
2013-05-18
ROM (md5sum)
Gapps 2013-03-01

Compatibility files for C93 H6 1F
Common 2013-03-03
Compatibility v1.1

Instructions (For C97)

* Unrar the "common" rar file and put "zt-update" folder to the root of a microsd. (Same for C93 (1f).)
* Put rom (cm-10.1-$DATE-UNOFFICIAL-c97.zip) and gapps (gapps-jb-$DATE-signed-ubifs.zip) files inside internal or external sdcard. (Just put all the zip files in the root of your sdcard for easy access.)
* Turn on the tablet keeping pressed VOL+ and POWER. Press VOL+ to confirm and you'll boot to CWM recovery. - For the C93 it's Back+Power and then Back to confirm...
* If this is your first install flash this file that will format /system, /data and /cache partitions and from "Wipe" menu erase "Android secure". - The file is no longer available, manually format each from the TWRP menu....
* Flash rom (cm-10.1-$DATE-UNOFFICIAL-c97.zip), gapps (gapps-jb-$DATE-signed-ubifs.zip) and, if you're using a different device, the required compatibility zip. (Make sure you flash the zips in the correct order... Rom, Gapps, the Compatibility.)
* Now select "Reboot system now". (Same for C93.)
* Enjoy CyanogenMod 10.1! (Same for C93.)

Last edited:

Kj2013

Apr 24, 2013
the link Gapps 2013-03-01 is dead mate. let me try your one again as i didnt have it working with the right file name before i noticed and ill see how that goes.

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
the link Gapps 2013-03-01 is dead mate. let me try your one again as i didnt have it working with the right file name before i noticed and ill see how that goes.
Strange, I just clicked on it and was able to download it...

No problem, just thought you may like his ROM better, as all sounds in apps should work with it (he changed to using the tiny alsa sound driver instead of zenithink's alsa driver), and he was the one that figured out how to get the gsensor working and gave the fix to Zenithink (Zenithink has only included it in their 0316 JB ROM for the C93 H6_2f tablets)....

Kj2013

Apr 24, 2013
nice it works now. ill dl it and try it in the future. i cant dl from that mega.z site thow laptop goes crazy its blocked.

Last edited:

Kj2013

Apr 24, 2013
can u erm explain a bit better how should i do this mate . do i just unrar comman then add that folder then the other rars to sd card too flash or do i need to put the other rars into the zt update folder first then flash.

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
can u erm explain a bit better how should i do this mate . do i just unrar comman then add that folder then the other rars to sd card too flash or do i need to put the other rars into the zt update folder first then flash.
You're flashing Christian Troy's CM 10.1 JB 4.2.2 ROM?

Are you using the files I posted before, or using the latest ones? The latest ROM zip is the 0608 now - https://mega.co.nz/#!R5pmXb4K!jj-bNFwy0cyQBOofdy6p1JM3De9L8AG9Fe0QCO4q2Fs New SlateDroid thread for Christian Troy's Zenithink Tablets Compatibility Files (the main ROM file thread links are posted first in the OP (original post)) - [rom] CyanogenMod 10.1 - AOKP 4.2 compatibility zips for various Zenithink Amlogic 8726-MX devices - SlateDroid.com I think the common, compatibility and gapps zips are still the same as what I posted earlier.....

You only unrar the one common rar file and put that zt-update folder on your sdcard.... This has the stock Zenithink logo files, command file, and spl.... The kernel has been updated by Christian Troy and the recovery changed from Zenithink's stock recovery to TWRP recovery (TeamWin Projects - TWRP 2.5 - | TeamWin), a touchscreen based recovery.....

The rest of the files all should be zips, and it doesn't matter where you put them, but the root of the sdcard is the most common place since it's easy to get to it within twrp recovery....

Then you go into flashmode the same as a stock Zenithink ROM, Back+Power, but now TWRP recovery should boot up, then you format/wipe what you need to and then flash/install the zips leaving the Compatibility one for last (so it can overwrite the files for the C93 ones)....

[rom] CyanogenMod 10.1 - AOKP 4.2 compatibility zips for various Zenithink Amlogic 8726-MX devices - SlateDroid.com CT's instructions:
Zenithink C93 1F

* Unrar the "common" rar file and put "zt-update" folder to the root of a microsd.
* Copy rom, gapps and compatibility zip files to the microsd as well.
* Turn on the tablet keeping pressed BACK and POWER. Press BACK to confirm and you'll boot to TWRP recovery.
* If this is your first install flash this file that will format /system, /data and /cache partitions and from "Wipe" menu erase "Android secure".
* Flash rom, gapps and the required compatibility zip.
* Now select "Reboot system now".
* Enjoy CyanogenMod 10.1 / AOKP 4.2

Common 2013-03-03
Compatibility zip 1.0

Kj2013

Apr 24, 2013
yeah i was gonna try it out i dled the files u posted before . should i try the new ones then.

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
yeah i was gonna try it out i dled the files u posted before . should i try the new ones then.
Yeah, best to use the latest, and as I said earlier, only the main ROM zip has been updated, the rest of the files that I posted earlier should be the same....

Also it seems that the factory-reset.zip mediafire download is working again - factory-reset.zip so you can flash that zip now first (along with wiping the android secure folder manually as it mentions in the instructions) instead of manually formatting each partition as I mentioned in the original post, before you flash/install the other zip files.....

Kj2013

Apr 24, 2013
right confused a bit now cuz the rars are named different could you post what ones i need lol sorry head banging this stuff compared too djing.

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
right confused a bit now cuz the rars are named different could you post what ones i need lol sorry head banging this stuff compared too djing.
Rar to unrar:
Common for C93 H6 1f -
cm10.1-c93-common-20130303.rar - cm10.1-c93-common-20130303.rar

Zips to keep as zips:

To wipe the partitions - factory-reset.zip - factory-reset.zip (Don't forget to go to the "Wipe" menu in TWRP and erase "Android secure" folder also before you flash/install the other zips.)
CM10.1 ROM (0608) - cm-10.1-20130608-UNOFFICIAL-elf2.zip - https://mega.co.nz/#!R5pmXb4K!jj-bNFwy0cyQBOofdy6p1JM3De9L8AG9Fe0QCO4q2Fs
Google Apps (GAPPS for Amlogic JB 0301) - gapps-jb-20130301-amlogic.zip - gapps-jb-20130301-amlogic.zip
C93 H6 1f Compatibility - c93_1f-cm10.1-compatibility-1.0.zip - https://mega.co.nz/#!11YRlKJb!H7TfVgRidY2vqvtf-kVUBF5Y8e0j8hR459RkbO-qBsk

Christian Troy's Instructions:
Zenithink C93 1F

* Unrar the "common" rar file and put "zt-update" folder to the root of a microsd.
* Copy rom, gapps and compatibility zip files to the microsd as well.
* Turn on the tablet keeping pressed BACK and POWER. Press BACK to confirm and you'll boot to TWRP recovery.
* If this is your first install flash this file that will format /system, /data and /cache partitions and from "Wipe" menu erase "Android secure".
* Flash rom, gapps and the required compatibility zip.
* Now select "Reboot system now".
* Enjoy CyanogenMod 10.1 / AOKP 4.2

Common 2013-03-03
Compatibility zip 1.0

Kj2013

Apr 24, 2013
is it just ment to sit with an android figure for about five minutes i think i did it right i tryed it a few times incase i didnt do right order but just sits with an android figure at start up. trying again i think i did it wrong let u know. i retryed it i forgot to flash the rom etc in order now loads with a cynogen logo.

Last edited:

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
is it just ment to sit with an android figure for about five minutes i think i did it right i tryed it a few times incase i didnt do right order but just sits with an android figure at start up. trying again i think i did it wrong let u know. i retryed it i forgot to flash the rom etc in order now loads with a cynogen logo.
So it's working now? How do you like it?