Zenithink tablet won't turn on?

tabowner360

Dec 29, 2011
I have a zenithink c91. (not sure what version number) but it wont start up or do anything period. A few days ago I killed the battery, plugged it in to charge for a few hours and it wouldnt start up. plugged it in again somewhere else to charge for a few hours and still nothing. I tried the reset button, nothing!! What should I do?

the green light comes on when its pluged into the computer but not when i plug the charger into it.

Last edited:

martinmc222

Jan 3, 2012
Hi, i think the green light should come on if the charger is working correctly. If I have insufficient charge on mine it wont turn on, (mine is running rooted 2.3.4), if I plug it in to the wall it still wont boot as the voltage on the battery will initially be too low but it does tell me this and give me a count down of 100s (not accurate) before booting.
It sounds like your charger may not be working if the green light does not come on when you plug it into the pad. USB from a PC doesn't give out much juice, if you don't have a spare charger available you could try leaving it plugged into a live USB port for a long time before trying to boot it.

tkw829

Jan 3, 2012
I had a similar problem with my C71. If the charger isn't the issue I would try push in the reset button for several seconds. Mines wouldn't turn on either...just a black screen. The charger indicated it was charging but it still wouldn't turn on. Even tapping the reset button got no response out of it. I finally pushed it in for about 10 seconds and the light changed color and it started up.

knotprawn

Apr 26, 2012
This happened to me once. I simply pressed the reset button. At the bottom of the tablet (where all the ports are) there is a small pin-hole. Insert a small pin/toothpick into this pin-hole and press, twice. You will be able to feel the feedback with each press of the button. This reset the device, and I was able to turn it on thereafter. Hope this helps someone.

andrew.elks

Apr 29, 2012
This happened to me once. I simply pressed the reset button. At the bottom of the tablet (where all the ports are) there is a small pin-hole. Insert a small pin/toothpick into this pin-hole and press, twice. You will be able to feel the feedback with each press of the button. This reset the device, and I was able to turn it on thereafter. Hope this helps someone.

Hi, I've just purchased a Zenithink ZT292 C91 and it was brilliant for 4 days... however it suddenly won't turn on. I've done everything stated above, I've tried letting the battery run flat and attempting to start, charging and then attempting to start and I've tried using the reset button with no success.

Any additional help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to return/replace the item as I've really enjoyed using it!!

ZenithinkUK

May 7, 2012
Hi Guy's,
Try downloading the firmware from zenithink.com for the C91 Upgrade.
Then copy the image to a micro SD card and insert it into the tablet
Connect the tablet to the mains
reset via the pin
hold down the camer button whilst powering the tablet on
If it's a software issue, then this should resolve it.
Kindest Regards
Zenithink UK - Home
[email protected]

J

jimbo7630

Great to see ZenithinkUK now a member, Welcome Aboard!

Edit: Any chance that you will become a Supporting Vendor?

Last edited by a moderator:

ZenithinkUK

May 7, 2012
Hi Jimbo7630. Yes we are happy to support existing zenithink customers. However this can be to a limited capacity only, in terms of software information etc. With regards to hardware support, unless the device was purchased directly from us we cannot at this time provide hardware support. We do however have good comms with Zenithink themselves in China, and are happy to assist in whatever way we can. We have received a few support requests via your forums already and have been able to assist the best we can.

We are the team at ZenithinkUK, the official UK distributors of zenithink Tablets in the UK, follow us on our twitter page @zenithinkuk to see updates,Info on new models, trouble shooting or to post technical support issues.Look forward to seeing you all as part of the team very soon.

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your forums.

ZenithinkUK
[email protected]
Twitter: @zenithinkuk

Last edited:

dealmaster

May 10, 2012
I have a zenithink c91. (not sure what version number) but it wont start up or do anything period. A few days ago I killed the battery, plugged it in to charge for a few hours and it wouldnt start up. plugged it in again somewhere else to charge for a few hours and still nothing. I tried the reset button, nothing!! What should I do?

the green light comes on when its pluged into the computer but not when i plug the charger into it.

Hi (also to Zenithink team),

I hope you're still following this thread. I'm having exactly the same problem as you had.

I just bought this Zenithink ZT-280 C91 10" tablet loaded with Android 4.0.3 and it worked just fine for 2 days and when I picked it up again after an hour, it's shut down (my guess is the battery depleted) and it won't power back on no matter what I do! I've tried resetting for 10 seconds twice in a row, tried pushing Camera / Power Button simultaneously, tried plugging in USB cable into my laptop (no LED light comes on) ... NOTHING works! Plugging in the AC wall charger just shows RED LED light on the bottom right corner (Not Green). I did only charge this C91 for 30-min but based on what I read above, proper charging should display GREEN not RED, so I'm worried that my C91 isn't properly charging, therefore nothing works (not even resetting)... I have not yet tried the SD Card firmware reload but that's pointless since the Reset / Camera-Power button itself doesn't work -- clearly, the battery depletion IS the problem here.

If ZenithinkUK team can help how I can charge / power this C91 back up, I'd greatly appreciate it! If not, how can I return this to Zenithink for warranty replacement? I'm located in SF Bay, CA in the U.S. If this does end up being a dead C91, Zenithink has some serious Quality problems (likely H/W after discharge) with their tablets... Please help!

I hope to hear back from someone soon with ANY advice. I'll continue to monitor this thread for replies. Thank you.

ZenithinkUK

May 7, 2012
Hi Dealmaster,
Sorry to hear you have experienced issues with your new device. I would firstly say the device needs to be charged for more than 30 minutes, maybe leave it for a few hours on charge. Looking at the remainder of you response you have covered the other areas well. Even without the MicroSD card, when switching the unit on with the camera button pressed, it should look for the firmware and text should appear. It looks like your device could be a faulty unit. I think you may have difficulty returning it to China. I would recommend contacting the vendor from where it was purchased as this should be covered.
Kindest Regards
[email protected]
ZenithinkUK

dealmaster

May 10, 2012
Hi Dealmaster,
Sorry to hear you have experienced issues with your new device. I would firstly say the device needs to be charged for more than 30 minutes, maybe leave it for a few hours on charge. Looking at the remainder of you response you have covered the other areas well. Even without the MicroSD card, when switching the unit on with the camera button pressed, it should look for the firmware and text should appear. It looks like your device could be a faulty unit. I think you may have difficulty returning it to China. I would recommend contacting the vendor from where it was purchased as this should be covered.
Kindest Regards
[email protected]
ZenithinkUK

ZenithinkUK,

Thanks much for your prompt response. Fortunately, my C91 tablet did turn back on but not until it was charged over 2 hours. After I pushed the power button multiple times to no vail, it powered back on all of a sudden when I was not pressing that button again as a reboot (not wake up from idle sleep).

It actually happened again today after I let it sit in my bag for 30 min w/o plugging thevAC adapter. What's also very problematic is that the battery definitely had >80% charge left just 30 min ago so this definitely is NOT a drained battery issue! It wouldn't turn on again but after I charging it another 30 min, I caught it automatically rebooting itself! (I did press power button a couple of times but only after a while did it boot up).

So, what is the root cause here and how do I fix this issue? I bet this is a S/W problem and the same one that many folks here are experiencing per the reports above. It's ridiculous to have to power it down whenever I'm not using it for just few min and then have to reboot it when I need it again OR to keep it connected to AC charger whenever not in use. This needs to work so that it goes into sleep mode (or display off mode) and simply wake back up WHENEVER I press power button to resume work even until the battery goes down to 1% (with warning msg). I cannot find any settings menu to change this behavior, so please advise how to get around/fix this problem.

FYI, "about tablet" menu shows:

Model number: ZT ICS
Android version: 4.0.3
Baseband version: Unknown
Kernal version: 2.6.34
Build number: f04ref-eng 4.0.3 ICS.f04ref.20120204 eng.root.20120204.165424 test-keys

Thanks for your support in advance,

Dealmaster

ZenithinkUK

May 7, 2012
Dear Dealmaster,

It sounds like you've got a lively tablet there.. Your build number is the same as what i'm using and I too have looked and cannot find any specific power settings. I would reccomend at this point to try and flash the device using the correct procedure here: Zenithink

If this doesn't resolve the issue then I would advise you to return the item if still under warranty.

Kindest Regards
[email protected]
ZenithinkUK

advido

May 18, 2012
...mine's only 2 days old - after charging - take out the charging plug from the tablet ... NO TOUCH response at all.... Have to PIN IT to reset...

After reading this site - Now I'm gonna' BIN IT ....send it back - get a refund - get another make...

dealmaster

May 10, 2012
Hi everyone,

I'm thrilled to report that I've got this "does not turn on" problem resolved! Please refer to my last reply from 6/4/2012 on this thread for details:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...power-down-not-switch-again-3.html#post214851

Sometimes, you need luck and solutions are rather simple. :) If you have had the same problem and tried my trick to see if it resolves it (or not), please post up your findings.
Thanks and good luck!
-dealmaster