Zenithink Wireless Question

MisterD

May 23, 2012
Tablet computers are completely new to me. I'm thinking of buying buying the Zenithink C91 10.2 inch model. My make or brake question is, how decent is the range of the wireless? How does it stack up compared to other tablet brands? Is it comparable to that of a typical laptop?

Thanks

ttweed

May 12, 2012
I think individual examples may display differing results, but I have not been impressed by the Wifi reception of my ZT-282 C71. Not sure if the C91 is different hardware, but it's about the only shortcoming I have noticed about it. If I get further than about 20' and a wall away from the router, the signal reception drops way down. My HP laptop gets the router signal just fine, as does the Acer desktop I am using for an HTPC, and the PS3. There are other reports of weak reception in the forums that seem to single out the antenna as the culprit. I've ordered a repeater myself to boost my router network range. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with the ZT-Pad performance.

You might go over to the C91-specific forum here and search on "wireless" or "antenna."

TT