Zenithink Zepad C91 Andoid 4.03 Power down, and not switch on again

Mickiez91

Apr 13, 2012
Just bought ( 3 days ago ) a Zenithink Zepad C91 Andoid 4.03 1Gh/1Mhza couple of time's already the zepad wouldn't start up again.
After switching off the pad with the small power button, the zepad is dead ...
Don't react at the reset, don't react on the power on/off switch.
Only thing what, till now, works is ; put it on the external power supply and wait till the light gets green.
When the light gets green the pad switch itself on.

Just try''d it with the battery 100% full, ... same problem .. waiting for almost 40 min already

recognize someone this problem ?

Best regards

Almost a happy z91 user.
if it works, it is a perfect pad!

- after 50 min, the power light went off ...
No power on, no reset, no zepad ... :(

Last edited:

nathaniel

Mar 23, 2012
I had same.problem in my first week of use. Just press and hold the power button for about 6 to 8 seconds or until you get the startup screen

amila0105

Apr 25, 2012
Just bought ( 3 days ago ) a Zenithink Zepad C91 Andoid 4.03 1Gh/1Mhza couple of time's already the zepad wouldn't start up again.
Only thing what, till now, works is ; put it on the external power supply and wait till the light gets green.

Just try''d it with the battery 100% full, ... same problem .. waiting for almost 40 min already

Best regards

Almost a happy z91 user.

I have the same problem just after 2days been bought new. Did you find the problem ?

amila0105

Apr 25, 2012
My brand new C91 wont start just after 2 days buying from new. Tried press+hold ON/OFF switch well over 15 seconds but didn't boot-up. H E L P !!

joland2206

May 6, 2012
Check Lcd connector inside I had the same failer and the lcd connector was not closed and had intermittent contact

Christos

Mar 10, 2012
Check Lcd connector inside I had the same failer and the lcd connector was not closed and had intermittent contact

I had the same problem as well. The only difference is that I dont get a green lamp after full charge.

How do I open the tablet to check the connector? Is something that even a non technician can do?

Thanks,

ivnmad

May 19, 2012
Same problem..
Only way to make it start again is by using the external power supply and reset it...

Christos

Mar 10, 2012
did that as well... Nothing happens... I guess this is what happens when you buy a chinese pad...
:(:(

arajan

May 17, 2012
So guys, how did you managed to fix that issue?
Have you opened the tablet to see if the display cable is not connected or you got it back to the seller?
I am asking because yesterday I ordered the same tablet for myself at Amazon

Christos

Mar 10, 2012
Mine is connected... I cant find the problem and the company doesnt seem to provide any help. They dont reply to emails... Even their website seems to have problems when you try to communicate with them.

Waste of good money to cheep chinese products...

Never buy Zenithink products!!!

Last edited:

dealmaster

May 10, 2012

Best regards

Almost a happy z91 user.

[UPDATED 5/24/12 with NEW FINDINGS]

Hi,

Did you end up finding the solution to this problem? I have the same ZT-280 C91 Upgrade (Android 4.0.3) ZTPad tablet I just bought and noticing the EXACT SAME problem. It's a ZT-280 C91 UPGRADE version (aka ZT-282), 8GB Flash + 1GB RAM + 7000mAh battery, on stock ROM out of the box NOT custom and is the latest firmware released by Zenithink.

Here's my tablet stats - "about tablet" menu shows:

Model number: ZT ICS
Android version: 4.0.3
Baseband version: Unknown
Kernal version: 2.6.34
Build number: f04ref-eng 4.0.3 ICS.f04ref.20120204 eng.root.20120204.165424 test-keys
ROM (firmware) ver in mnt/flash directory: ZT282_H3_1a_1GB_C91_Android4.0_0327_V1.16

I DO have a major problem to report, hoping some of you guru's can help identify a fix. WHENEVER the C91 Powers Down (be it via hitting Power button OR shuts down itself if at <90% battery), it does NOT power back on no matter how long/many times I push the power button even with battery fully charged! Sometimes, IF left unused for a few minutes (goes <90% battery), C91 just powers down completely and would not power back on... The only way to turn it back on is to plug it into AC wall charger for 1-2 hours (Red LED indicating "charging" state turning to Green) and having pressed Power button for 6 - 8 seconds, it would LATER randomly boot itself up on its own.

Sometimes, it's able to stay in idle mode (not sleep) with just display shut off (Green LED) and I can keep waking it up fine but at other times it powers down only after few minutes of disconnecting from charger and stopped usage. So, the ONLY way to use this tablet whenever I want to, is to ALWAYS have this tablet plugged into the AC charger so that battery NEVER runs low; If not, it may power itself down, then I'm out of luck and have to charge another 2 hrs...

RESET (pin hole) + Power Button STILL DOES NOT power it on, as some suggested that worked for them. CAMERA button + Power Button to do firmware update mode ALSO DOES NOT RESPOND when C91 is in this state.

From searching the web, some suggest that this is a Bootloader problem - that causes the C91 to power down randomly and not boot up again until reaching some fully re-charged state. Knowing well about Android, I believe this can be resolved by a Firmware update (I don't think a simple driver update would fix this) BUT THEN, I see reports that there are MULTIPLE Hardware configurations out there for ZT-282/280, which may explain SOME users on the same H3 firmware not experiencing this problem.

Here's a thread that shows so many of other C91 users experiencing the SAME Problem:
http://www.androidta...ch-again-2.html

Besides this critical issue, I'm very happy with this C91 tablet as all other Hardware & Software features work fine except for some lacking H/W features (e.g. lack of GPS, Magnetomer / Gyroscope, Rear camera, Bluetooth, etc.). Please H E L P ! ! ! I'd appreciate if anyone who figured out a resolution can reply with DETAILED steps to fix this problem OR point me to who/where I can find it from. If this tablet can be replaced under Warranty by Zenithink with a new one that does not have this problem (IF it does turn out to be a H/W problem), please advise the warranty return process / contact info.

Thanks for your help/support, in advance!

Last edited:

Christos

Mar 10, 2012
I tried all the above but still the tablet refuses to turn on! The worst thing that makes me angry is the company response to the issue.

I have send them five emails and still no reply.

I am trying to spread the word out to other users. since this company is obviously cheating people!!!

DO NOT BUY ZENITHINK PRODUCTS....

fatmatt

May 26, 2012
Hello
Had the same problem. Put a pin in the reset. Small hole on the bottom. Then do firm ware update- been fine since. Just need to get it to play bbc I player and then all sorted- Hope this helps-
Matt