ZT-180 cant use wi-fi, cant switch to win ce or reload current os or Mfr. Settings

alwright1980

Jan 21, 2011
My ZT-180 Zenithink epad has had a couple of problems since I purchased from a third party vendor. It recognizes the wi-fi networks and attempts to sign on, it even shows the icon for (wi-fi connected) momentarily and if your in the wi-fi settings menu itl'll show connecting up until the point where it should start saying obtaining ip address then will say disconnected. whether the ethernet ability ( which incidentally works) is enabled or not, the wi-fi does not. The same is true whether I input the static ip under advanced settings ar rely on auto-DHCP.

I would like to revert to a factory reset or reinstall using burntool 7.2 but reset button only resets time/date and forgets wireless networks, and I cannot get the burntool to burn.

To try using it I am pressing the round button as I power on and I get the blue light with black screen connected to pc from the otg port the device 10 status box goes green. I configure settings and hit start and it seems its going to start thru 1 or 2 indicators but the timer never starts and the progress % never changes.

I also read where someone with similar problem, where he couldn't get the pc to recognize the tablet as the sec/soc bulk???? that I did, and thus couldn't do anything. He said that he, when trying to get to the predescribed state, came upon options to revert to factory settings amongst others.
However I cannot seem to get there.

Finally I believe win-ce to be installed on it but do not know how to switch to it.

If it isn't how would I get it installed

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY appreciated as I have had my 4 tablets for months and months but unable to REALLY use/resell them in their current state. (the other 3 to which I refer are mentioned in my other thread.

Thaks in advance

alwright1980

Jan 21, 2011
One more thing, why when I connect to my pc when powered on will my pc recognize it as and android phone, but be unable to find drivers for this, even as a usb bulk storage drivers?

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
what pc os are you using.i know that i could not get mine to update under windows 7 32 bit and had to use windows xp. this was for an update version 1024. are you using version 1204 because there were different instructions according to the web

brocherboy

Jan 23, 2011
Don't know if this will help but using the same. Unit as you was having the same problem with my wifi got my unit to recognise the wifi router but could not fully connect this was due to apairing mode I had a button to push on my router which put it into a pairing mode it found my tablet within seconds and now connects every time

alwright1980

Jan 21, 2011
@hoben02
I am using Windows XP Tablet Edition 32-bit SP3.

@brocherboy
It isn't my router because the bad results recur on m5-6 different routers that worked with other droids.

alwright1980

Jan 21, 2011
@tweak_ginger
Strangely enough switching from WEP to WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK worked and I am Able to sign on wirelessly for the first time. I don't know how this'll fare on public networks, but thaks for the tip.