ZT180 Update with 512MB RAM, Camera, HDMI

Conkam

Jan 18, 2011
If you did not have an external sdcard in the device when you ran the system info, I think it at least as 4GB of flash memory. Just add it up.

Thanks for your replies. I had my worries about what there where inside the tablet pc, but it seems like that i have got the product i have ordered with 512 mb ram and 4 gb flash memory

dcnarad

Jan 19, 2011
Hi

I'm seriously considering ePad (512MB version) but need some help.
My wife wants to buy a e-reader (nook color), which I will definitely root and make it a tablet. But I've been stuck on ePAD for having better processing power and 1.3MP camera + 3G capable. So here are the questions

1. how heavy is the ePAD, The nook is about 450g (15.8 ounces)
2. can it be held in one hand for reading extended periods of time
3. The display resolution is about 117ppi (nook color = 170ppi) how does text and images look, are they too blurry

If there are other choices with
1. at least 150-170ppi
2. 500-700g
3. 1Ghz processor anh 512 MB ram
4. Camera preferred (not necessary)

please do let me know. Thanks a bunch

Jexaa

Jan 18, 2011
thanks for the info , by any chance are you awrare of the zenithink 2

Fantastic Tablet! we have just got a large delivery of these in and have been playing on one today... lovely really smooth. Nice build and just generally a big improvement on the first model.

DaHanz

Aug 24, 2010
Fantastic Tablet! we have just got a large delivery of these in and have been playing on one today... lovely really smooth. Nice build and just generally a big improvement on the first model.
Do you wan't to make a short review of it?
I found that on aliexpress, is this the tablet we're talking from: Wholesale Android 2.2 OS 10.2" newest tablet pc WIFI 3G Camera HDMI 1GMHz, DDR 512, RAM 4GB + Freeshipping

Seems very nice for about $180, is it really as good as advertised? I think they go easy with the facts^^

Last edited:

Jexaa

Jan 18, 2011
Do you wan't to make a short review of it?
I found that on aliexpress, is this the tablet we're talking from: Wholesale Android 2.2 OS 10.2" newest tablet pc WIFI 3G Camera HDMI 1GMHz, DDR 512, RAM 4GB + Freeshipping

Seems very nice for about 180€ dollars, is it really as good as advertised? I think they go easy with the facts^^

Can't make a review - rushed off my feet but yes the is the tablet i'm talking about - very nice we have for sale in UK for £185

DaHanz

Aug 24, 2010
Can't make a review
Well, and how about some informations about touchscreen-responsiveness, battery life and "overall-performance"?
Does is have a capacitive screen or at least two-point-touch?
Can't find any further information about this with the description of zenithink and aliexpress^^

webmasterpdx

Jan 20, 2011
I'm in the market for this tablet. I would love to get this info. Not what's written on the box, but something thats been verified by opening the device or running some software that tells you what's inside.

1. What CPU (A8 or Arm11)? Plus speed.
2. Does Flash 10.1 work or is it Flash Lite?
3. Can one access the android store?
4. What book formats can be read? (Main reason I want one).
5. Can Zenithink 1 be upgraded via software to behave like this one (other than the bigger memory size, camera, etc)....assumes is still Arm11?
6. Any problems with wifi, browsing and does WEP work?

i.e. If all they did was make the memory bigger, I'd just as soon get a cheaper Z 1 and upgrade the software.

Thank you very much in advance.
-D

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
1) Read up on X210. Sticky in these subforums.
2) FAQ, Adobe Flash section
3) Probably
4) Google for iReader, Aldiko, Kindle, Borders apps
5) Most likely not
6) Should work. Find a reliable vendor.

webmasterpdx

Jan 20, 2011
Thank you for your response, but there are too many maybes and probablys.
I need to hear from someone who has used the device and knows for sure.

The X210 is ARM11. Why? Is that the ZT-180?
I do believe that their CPU is ARM11, and Flash 10.1 is not supposed to work with ARM11 properly. Now, maybe they made a deal with Adobe???
That wouldn't be in the FAQ section.

Thank you for your response though. I am grateful nonetheless.
-D

webmasterpdx

Jan 20, 2011
Nothing has been confirmed yet. I imagine it is 2.2, but I want to find the answers to my numbered questions I posted earlier....from someone who has the Zenithink II

Thanks
-Donald

benbois

Jan 30, 2011
hi all,

I just received the new tablet ZT-180 (with android 2.2) but unfortunately, I'm not able to root it nor connect to it via the adb command.
I tried several howto without any success.