ZT180a got strange problem

freqsat

Feb 8, 2011
Hi all,

Ok the good wife had santa bring me a shiny new zt180a running android 2.1 with latest update, all running good once i got correct apps to work but then out of the blue last week i switched on the tablet and it just hung on the small android loading screen :-(

So not getting any luck with this problem i decided to do a bit of homework and usb-flash my tablet to android 2.2 which went as planned :) Now tablet is running with a much more responsive touch screen, better wifi and sound, some apps were a little slower but its a good improvement. Shut down the tablet and am back to square one were it hangs on small android screen :-(

I can re-flash and get it working but i would need to leave it connected and never shut it down, so has anyone got an idear what the problem could be?

Cheers, Brian

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
there is a logfile called "alogcat" that might show the issue if you have an app preventing loading, but from what you described it seems like the rom has gone bad if its not retaining the flash

freqsat

Feb 8, 2011
Thanks, i was thinking on the same lines as the internal memory partition, is it possible to repair or is it a hardware problem you think?

Brian

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
if i were you i would contact the supplier and ask if he would allow a tradein. you can search on the web i have seen other people crack open the zt180 but that was to replace the battery i don't know how easy it is to replace the rom.