zt282_h3_1a_1gb_c91 Not Connect After Using Wrong Firmware

wesraf

Oct 9, 2013
I have a tablet zt282_h3_1a_1gb_c91 tried to update the firmware used more wrong now the tablet does not turn the screen goes black with nothing written What do I do? is there any way to revive it?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi wesraf, congratulations on your Zenithink tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Zenithink ZT280 C91 & C91 Upgrade section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
I have a tablet zt282_h3_1a_1gb_c91 tried to update the firmware used more wrong now the tablet does not turn the screen goes black with nothing written What do I do? is there any way to revive it?

Have you tried flashing it with the correct ROM/firmware? What happens when you try to reflash it? You may need to flash it with the ZT-282 autoscript if the tablet doesn't attempt to flash the ROM... If an autoscript doesn't work, you may need to make a rescue sdcard...

wesraf

Oct 9, 2013
The tablet does not have any reaction when pressing the power button, the green light that indicates it is connected is not lit, the tablet gets warmer, not any information appears on the screen, it simply remains off

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
The tablet does not have any reaction when pressing the power button, the green light that indicates it is connected is not lit, the tablet gets warmer, not any information appears on the screen, it simply remains off
What ROM did you accidently flash that caused this to happen?

From your description, I believe you need to make a rescue sdcard.... What OS are you running on your computer?

Files you will need:
SDcardMaker - SDcardMaker
readme - readme
Stock 0818 ROM for H3_1a - http://www.zenithink.com/UploadFile/temp/ZT282_H3_1a_1GB_C91_Android4.0_0818_V1.42.zip

You need to format your sdcard with the sdcardmaker (read the readme - depending on which Windows OS you are using you may need to change sdcardmaker.exe's properties before you start it - compatibility mode and privileges). The reason you need to use sdcardmaker is because it needs to copy the bin file to the boot sector of the sdcard, rename the ZT282.sd file from the 0818 ROM to ZT282.sd.bin and use that one. After successfully using sdcardmaker to format your sdcard, copy the zt-update folder of the 0818 ROM to the sdcard and then place it in your tablet and just press the power button on the tablet.... It should boot from the sdcard and then flash your tablet.... If it fixes your tablet, you can then reformat your sdcard normally or save the sdcard incase you need it again...

Last edited:

wesraf

Oct 9, 2013
What ROM did you accidently flash that caused this to happen?

From your description, I believe you need to make a rescue sdcard.... What OS are you running on your computer?

Files you will need:
SDcardMaker - SDcardMaker
readme - readme
Stock 0818 ROM for H3_1a - http://www.zenithink.com/UploadFile/temp/ZT282_H3_1a_1GB_C91_Android4.0_0818_V1.42.zip

You need to format your sdcard with the sdcardmaker (read the readme - depending on which Windows OS you are using you may need to change sdcardmaker.exe's properties before you start it - compatibility mode and privileges). The reason you need to use sdcardmaker is because it needs to copy the bin file to the boot sector of the sdcard, rename the ZT282.sd file from the 0818 ROM to ZT282.sd.bin and use that one. After successfully using sdcardmaker to format your sdcard, copy the zt-update folder of the 0818 ROM to the sdcard and then place it in your tablet and just press the power button on the tablet.... It should boot from the sdcard and then flash your tablet.... If it fixes your tablet, you can then reformat your sdcard normally or save the sdcard incase you need it again...

Friend not remember which ROM to install, use 64 bit Windows 8. Would provide a video with the procedures to be performed i'm having difficulties.
$SD.jpg

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
Friend not remember which ROM to install, use 64 bit Windows 8. Would provide a video with the procedures to be performed i'm having difficulties.
View attachment 11653
Win 8 64 bit, then you need to change the properties of sdcardmaker.exe (right click, Properties, compatibility tab) to Run as administrator and also run in compatibility mode for WinXP SP3, before you execute it....

The top field is for you to select which drive your sdcard is... (Make sure you select the right one to format)...
You add a check in the box of the second line.... (Creates a boot sector on the sdcard to place the bin file to)....
And the third is for you to select the bin file, (where ever you put the ZT282.sd file you renamed to ZT282.sd.bin).....

When you press the bottom button, it should open the normal Windows format window, then just normally execute it to format the sdcard....

After the format is over, then copy the zt-update folder of the 0818 ROM to the sdcard and insert it into your tablet and press the power button...

Last edited:

wesraf

Oct 9, 2013
Win 8 64 bit, then you need to change the properties of sdcardmaker.exe (right click, Properties, compatibility tab) to Run as administrator and also run in compatibility mode for WinXP SP3, before you execute it....

The top field is for you to select which drive your sdcard is... (Make sure you select the right one to format)...
You add a check in the box of the second line.... (Creates a boot sector on the sdcard to place the bin file to)....
And the third is for you to select the bin file, (where ever you put the ZT282.sd file you renamed to ZT282.sd.bin).....

When you press the bottom button, it should open the normal Windows format window, then just normally execute it to format the sdcard....

After the format is over, then copy the zt-update folder of the 0818 ROM to the sdcard and insert it into your tablet and press the power button...

Friend the screen still does not turn, the processor gets hot, the green light does not light up too, will be that I did something wrong? do the procedure exactly as indicated.

Last edited:

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
Friend the screen still does not turn, the processor gets hot, the green light does not light up too, will be that I did something wrong? do the procedure exactly as indicated.
It may not work with Win7/Win8.... I got it to work with my Win 7 64 bit (with those settings I told you) for my ZT-280 C91.... Same thing happened, but after making the rescue sdcard, inserting it and powering it on, it restored the tablet.... If the sdcard was made properly, and it still doesn't work, could be your boot sector on the tablet is not the problem (usually when the tablet doesn't respond at all it means problem with the spl on the tablet)... The rescue sdcard will only work if there is a problem with the boot sector on the tablet....

Are you using the reset pinhole to turn the tablet off after it gets hot? Are you sure your tablet is fully charged?

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
Hmmm, I wonder if you need to add one of the following autoscripts to the zt-update folder also -
ftp://zenithink.cn:10021/pub/dyliao/zt-282/script/clean_script_is_dangerous_using.txt
ftp://zenithink.cn:10021/pub/dyliao/zt-282/script/20120214/auto_update_usr_clean_script/autoscript
ftp://zenithink.cn:10021/pub/dyliao/zt-282/script/20120214/auto_update_usr_script/autoscript

wesraf

Oct 9, 2013
friend made ​​a video showing step by step, including demonstrating that the battery is 100% charged, and yet not got success.

Last edited by a moderator:

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
friend made ​​a video showing step by step, including demonstrating that the battery is 100% charged, and yet not got success.
Add the clean autoscript to the zt-update folder, put the sdcard back into the tablet, and just press power to turn on and autoflash (hold the power button till you see something on the screen).... Use the pinhole reset before you try, to make sure the tablet is off.... It may take 2-5 tries with powering it on, then reset pinhole off if it doesn't work, power it on, reset pinhole off, etc...

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator: