Emerson EM 545/Polaroid PMID 4311

craig h

Jan 11, 2019
hello, I have the emerson em 545 have heard it is also same as pmid 4311. glass is cracked! oh no! any advice on repairing it? would it be the same as ( the glass) a digitizer? also have a urulu tablet (no name/ model # on back) with same problem. Where to get repair parts? how to tell identity of urulu? process involved? thanks!

Honestly, while you might be able to find a replacement screen, the screen will end up costing more than the tablet. Case in point, the one place I saw that still had a listing for the Emerson tablet had a price of 29.99CAD (22.59USD). You can get a more modern tablet, even though it will be a no-name model, for only a little more.

Most of the time tablets like this are only sold by a company but not made by them. As a result the company won't have replacement parts and often would just swap out a tablet during the warranty period.

so would it be called a digitizer? I have also thought about broken units to make a good one.

Whether screen or digitizer, it makes no difference. It's still not cost effective to attempt to repair this thing when you can get a new one for a bit more. Hell, you can go onto Amazon right now and buy one of their Fire tablets for about $40. It doesn't have Google apps, but there are ways around that.

Back