Uh Oh.. shouldn't have done that

kaydl

May 14, 2013
Hello, Just got a Samsung Galaxy 2 (7.0) I am a very novice tablet and not so computer savvy user with a question. Is there a way to "undo" an encryption? Didn't know what I was doing when I set this up( don't even know that this is what it's called ) but, really don't want to enter a passcode every time I turn on my tablet. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you to everyone who takes the time to read this post

Hello kaydl, congratulations on your new Galaxy 2 and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 forum for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you "undo" what you did. Good luck!

I'm just a little confused. Having to input a password has little to do with encrypting your tablet. So if the only problem is that you asked that to secure the tablet by inputting a password, go to settings - security - screen lock and On-screen lock, input your password and when it says changed the password don't put anything in there.

Back