0 Internal Memory

gharne9

May 5, 2011
I rooted using Universalroot and everything was working well. I got stuck in the sylvania boot screen and did a manual reset. I now have 0 internal memory and can't delete any programs. The super user still shows up under applications and all my other apps as well. However I can't access them and they don't show up on the home screen. Can anyone tell me how to fix this or to get it back to stock?

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Can anyone tell me how to fix this or to get it back to stock?

The following is posted in the Sticky: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...resources-synet7lp-sytabex7-disgo-6000-a.html at the top of the forum.

Reset methods -
"Factory data reset" and "Factory reset (three finger method)" are different methods of resetting the device. One just removes your personal settings and the other restores the device to factory defaults.

Using a simple PC analogy - A "Factory data reset" is like deleting your browsers history clearing Cookies and saved passwords, etc. Where a "Factory reset (three finger method)" is similar to reformatting your computers hard drive and reloading the operating system.

A "Factory data reset", described in this Digital Gadget's support video Sylvania 7" Android Tablet: Using the system settings, part 2, erases all data on the device. This is accomplished by going to "Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset - Erases all data on device". Applications are NOT deleted just the settings are returned to defaults.

A "Factory reset (three finger method)" will re-burn the Recovery image, all installed applications will be wiped and a fresh installation of the system is installed. The last version the device was updated to will be restored. Some devices don't have an initial recovery and they cannot be "Factory reset". This can be fixed by manually updating the device.

Finally, if you press the "Reset" button on the back of the device with the tip of the stylus, it will turn the device off. No changes are made, the device is just turned off.
The above information is also detailed with pictures in this Sticky: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/sylvania-tablets/6437-apply-factory-reset-step-step-images.html.

As note, this method will wipe the device and all of the user installed applications will be deleted which should resolve your "0 Internal Memory" issue.

See the Sticky threads for more information as you begin to customize your tablet.

Last edited: