10.1 Docking and Keyboard

jsuber

Jul 31, 2010
The biggest complaint I have with these two accessories is.....no USB. you can buy a USB adapter, (that no one has in stock, not even Sammy) but why in the name of everything that is Korean, is there no USB.

2781274_ra.jpg

2781371_ra.jpg

* And it would be nice if the insert image command on this forum actually recognized valid URL's, but it does not so just enter them manually. They are completely valid when entered manually?

Burpen

Jun 21, 2011
I was in US on vacation, and left the day after the release. So I got the galaxy tab, but no accessories. I would not have the keyboard (since we have a different one where I live), but a mandatory accessories is the book cover case. (Only now I need to ship it, and pay lots of tax to get it... )

britinva

Jun 30, 2011
Managed to pick up keyboard, very nice addition for when at home and make it more laptop like. Agree don't understand why they couldn't integrate a USB adapter into these docks.

Maybe someone will delvelop if they take off (assuming Samsung don't lock others out like Apple do)

Still need to get the USB adapter.....

Last edited:

michiel

Dec 22, 2011
I'm also looking for a total solution, my main problem is that there's no keyboard+housing/cover and allowing me to charge it without taking the tab out.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Android Tablet Forum

xapient

Mar 24, 2012
there is this samsung galaxy tab docking station with audio and hdmi.. (i miss rj45 and definitely USB) but there still is the 30? pin connector for charging at the backside of the dock.

can't you just connect the 30pin to USB adapter to the dock and then connect a powerd USB hub ? (for charging and connecting other devices) ?? sorry if this is a totally dumb idea but i am trying to find a good dock/tablet that "has it all" by my self for several days now and i'm kinda giving up on it...

EDIT: i just read that this dock has hdmi passthrough... does this mean you need the 30pin to hdmi connector cable and therefore the 30pin connector is already occupied? so the tablet is not charging while watching a movie ? are they crazy or just stupid or am i?

Last edited: