10.2" Tablet but internal power connector has broken. Help !

timmoore46

May 3, 2013
The local repair shop has quoted the same price as a new one ! So I've got nothing to lose by trying to gain a power feed via the usb port, Or getting the Dremel out and seeing if I can replace the pcb power socket, by cutting that part of the case off. Or soldering wires on to it.

Is there a better solution ?

Any thoughts very very welcome !

:p:p:p

Tim

timmoore46

May 3, 2013
The local repair shop has quoted the same price as a new one ! So I've got nothing to lose by trying to gain a power feed via the usb port, Or getting the Dremel out and seeing if I can replace the pcb power socket, by cutting that part of the case off. Or soldering wires on to it.

Is there a better solution ?

Any thoughts very very welcome !

:p:p:p

Tim

Update:- I found 4 covered screws around the edge on the longside. Pushing on the power connector then popping in the power plug, got it working !

It would be nice to be able to image/clone it and pop it onto another one so all the settings and applications can be saved onto a SD card.

Or am I being a tad ambitious ?

:p

Tim

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
If you pressed down on the power port to get the tablet working, that means the power port is partially lifted from the motherboard. Take the tablet apart and use a soldering iron to reattach the power port to the board. That will permanently solve the problem.

timmoore46

May 3, 2013
Its been working fine as far as power goes . I live in the UK and got a extension lead for the usual 2.2mm DC plug. I choped it in half and soldered the sockets cable in ontop of the existing power plug.

The company who supplied the lead was Rapid Electronics and its part number was 20-1080.

Tim