11.2.1.5.2.0_beta5.ius - SYTABEX7 update Hardware ID "hwver" 11.2.1.5

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Credit st0ne

In the http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...m-sylvania-rom-development-12.html#post108633 thread st0ne posted
Just so we all know: a new EX7 file opened today.
/222.73.93.45/update/11.2.1.5/11.2.1.5.2.0_beta5.ius
I am checking it now.
Ok I am stuck already. I can't do a 3 finger method to get into the recovery screen. it just keeps booting. I have un rooted it. and still it wont respond to 3 fingers. I am currently running beta_4 on my EX7.

ok I used the OGT method with the tool to push the update.. it's booting now... taking a long time...
not seeing a lot of changes.... they made the back arrow bigger in portrait mode. but all they did was cut off the screen rotate button. and now when a program turns the screen... it doesn't turn back when you end the program. and now no button to turn it back your self.

Interesting already, the FileNum: 20.2.1.5.2.10 reported with IUW Version 1.2.

This InfoTM Update Wrap file also includes a UBOOT image not seen in many updates which may or may not be related to the change above.

build.prop

Code:
# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=FRF85B
ro.build.display.id=FRF85B
ro.build.version.incremental=eng.tangjian.20110705.160313 [COLOR=#0000ff]< July update[/COLOR]
ro.build.version.sdk=8
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=2.2
ro.build.date=2011å¹´ 07æ&#339;&#710; 05æ&#8212;¥ æ&#732;&#376;æ&#339;&#376;äº&#338; 16:04:28 CST
ro.build.date.utc=1309853068
ro.build.type=user
ro.build.user=tangjian
ro.build.host=tangjian-desktop
ro.build.tags=test-keys
ro.product.model=p7901a
ro.product.brand=generic
ro.product.name=p7901a
ro.product.device=p7901a
ro.product.board=
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=unknown
ro.product.locale.language=mdpi
ro.product.locale.region=
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=imap210
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=p7901a
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=p7901a-user 2.2 FRF85B eng.tangjian.20110705.160313 test-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=generic/p7901a/p7901a/:2.2/FRF85B/eng.tangjian.20110705.160313:user/test-keys
# end build properties

#
# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
#
ro.versioncode=11 [COLOR=#0000ff]< Version 11[/COLOR]
ro.debuggable=0
persist.service.adb.enable=0
persist.app2sd.enabled=0
persist.keyguard.pattern.spec=2
persist.sys.language=en
persist.sys.country=US
ro.suspend.unloadWifiDriver=true
persist.launcher.def.desktop=0
ro.config.notification_sound=OnTheHunt.ogg
ro.config.alarm_alert=Alarm_Classic.ogg
media.stagefright.enable-player=true
media.stagefright.enable-meta=true
media.stagefright.enable-scan=true
media.stagefright.enable-http=true
ro.setupwizard.mode=DISABLED
net.bt.name=Android
dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt

DeviceInfoSettings.smali from Settings.apk - Back to wrong Model? Added build_number?
Code:
 .line 65
    const-string v9, "firmware_version"

const-string v10, "DG2.20"

invoke-direct {p0, v9, v10}, Lcom/android/settings/DeviceInfoSettings;->setStringSummary(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V

.line 69
    const-string v9, "device_model"

const-string v10, "SYNET7LP"

invoke-direct {p0, v9, v10}, Lcom/android/settings/DeviceInfoSettings;->setStringSummary(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V

.line 70
    const-string v9, "build_number"

const-string v10, "11.2.1.5"

Warning: Use this information at your own risk. It is being provided by users of the device NOT the manufacturer/distributor.

Note: The incorrect update file (*.ius) CANNOT / SHOULD NOT be burned to the device. If you can't determine the "hwver" attempting to burn with the identified update file may / will brick the tablet.

Post any other observations/warnings/comments.

Last edited:

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
could it be as simple as extracting the file and editing it so that the 0's are 1's

persist.service.adb.enable=0 persist.app2sd.enabled=0

Last edited:

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
could it be as simple as extraction the file and editing it so that the 0's are 1's

Yes/no, however we need a Custom ROM. The manual build.prop changes would be over written each time the tablet is turned back on / booted, therefore with some development and a Custom ROM the changes could be permanently burned. Again, I defer to the developers.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Second question comes from Jv90 -

do you know if this update comes Whit the autorotation screen apk thats missing in this model?

I'm going to install right on to check it

Sent from my Sytabex7 Tablet

We'll need st0ne to confirm but that's what I think is described in this post.

not seeing a lot of changes.... they made the back arrow bigger in portrait mode. but all they did was cut off the screen rotate button. and now when a program turns the screen... it doesn't turn back when you end the program. and now no button to turn it back your self.

Last edited:

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
Already installed on my sytabex7, the first thing to notice is that the sylvania logo is rather small and it looks good, but; something is missing, like stone mentioned the button/icon that can allow us to change from portrait to landscape is gone so you cant actually turn the screen; no autorotation on this one, the gallery icon is missing when you turn it on on landscape, however it is present in portrait mode; under about device again the name model changes from sytabex7 to synet7lp wich is wrong; the clock that appears on the home screen is gone too but you can install it if you want; really? im keeping the beta4 until a new one comes out, no changes besides the dissapearence of the rotation button, so im with stone at this one; and i recomend to stay with the beta4 at this moment....

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
I thin i will go back to beta 4 too. but alas... i lost my score on coin pirates. :( have to start all over....

i haven't tried any of the auto-rotation apks yet. one of them might work with this build.

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
The beta 5 file is no longer coming up. lets see if there is a 6 or a final this week. (fingers crossed)

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Without installing this version but investigating the changes between beta4 & beta5 I concur with st0ne and Jv90 to stick with beta4!

While BUSYBOX is installed many if not all of the commands were not installed in /system/bin. Also, beta4 had SuperUser "/xbin/su" installed and it's missing in beta5.

All of the /system/framework jar files are different except com.google.android.maps.jar.

The following applications are different in beta5 as observed in the posts above regarding features and descriptions:

/system/app/AccountAndSyncSettings.apk
/system/app/FileManager.apk
/system/app/Launcher1.apk
/system/app/Settings.apk
/system/app/SettingsProvider.apk

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
could it be as simple as extraction the file and editing it so that the 0's are 1's

Well after flashing back to beta 4 I started to mess around. After installing Absoulte system root tool I was looking through the menu. there is a Build.prop
Editor. I went in and changed "persist.app2sd.enable=0" to "1" rebooted and low and behold when I ran app2sd and tried to move an app the button for move to sd was lit up!!!! after hitting it a window popped up saying that the move failed.
I need to install ADB and see if setting that to 1 does anything.
there are 3 settings for app2sd in ASRT: Auto, SD, and Internal. haven't tried them all yet. still messing.... :)

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
11.2.1.5.2.0_beta4.ius is back up on the file server again. anyone wanna check this one against the beta 4 that was up a few months ago?

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
I'll do it, but in the night when I get home, I'm in the work at the moment, and I will post the results then

Sent from my Sytabex7 Tablet

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
ok? where do i download the new os 11.2.1.5.2beta4.ius for the test?

Last edited: