3.2 update = Mid September

StephenC

Jan 17, 2011
From Acer's Facebook site.
"Dear fans, many of you asked for the release of the Honeycomb 3.2 update for Acer ICONIA TAB A500/A501. We’ve just received confirmation today that the update will start from mid of September to the end of the month depending on the product models and countries. We wanted to provide a stable and problem-free OS to our customers. Stay tuned. We will keep you posted"

Just a few more weeks...

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
I was wondering about that.. thanks for the update Stephen.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
yea, till they change the date again. They keep moving it back further and further.

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
Well at least we have a starting date then Mr. Cup Half Empty :)

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
Just in time my A500 has arrived last night. Will wait for that date of release.

Thanks for the information.

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
Well at least we have a starting date then Mr. Cup Half Empty :)

I said what I said because they gave a date of Sept. 10th which was the 3rd date they gave.
1st date they blamed it on a Google policy, yet other tablets did their update.
2nd date, was Aug 25th and they actually started the update on the 23rd or 24th in Poland and then never started our update on the 25th.
Then they said on the 26th that they just found an error in the GPS. Well if they found it on the 26th, that was a day after they failed to give us our update.
Then they said Sept 10th. which could be what they call mid Sept but we will see.
Anyway, I really like my Iconia but I'm just saying I don't put much trust in them giving dates out for updates.
I hope they get it right too Mr. Cup Overflowing With Trust.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
People like you are why most companies never give any dates at all.

And for the record, none of those dates were hard and fast dates, just estimates from a twitter account from someone who may or may not be authorized to speak for the company. (Acer is a Taiwanese company, yet all these twitter leaks are coming from Malaysia).

The 25th and 26th were in fact the same estimate, not two separate announcements, and their beta testers quickly found an error, so they did the responsible thing, and pulled it.

What new and exciting thing are you expecting in 3.2 that keeps you from enjoying your tablet while you wait, instead of hanging on every rumor?

PeteDee

May 21, 2011
yea, till they change the date again. They keep moving it back further and further.

Would you prefer that they release it when it is not fully working? 3.1 as far as I can see is working fine, well better than fine for me, what do you need fixed?

Pete

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
People like you are why most companies never give any dates at all.

And for the record, none of those dates were hard and fast dates, just estimates from a twitter account from someone who may or may not be authorized to speak for the company. (Acer is a Taiwanese company, yet all these twitter leaks are coming from Malaysia).

The 25th and 26th were in fact the same estimate, not two separate announcements, and their beta testers quickly found an error, so they did the responsible thing, and pulled it.

What new and exciting thing are you expecting in 3.2 that keeps you from enjoying your tablet while you wait, instead of hanging on every rumor?
Sorry if you took me wrong. But companies should not give dates if they keep changing them. It makes them look bad.
And that was a lame statement that companies don't give dates because of people like me. Yea right. lol
They should not give dates unless they know for sure the update will be ready.
It's better to not give a date than keep changing it.
And those dates did not come from twitter as you wrongly assumed. They came from Facebook Acer Malaysia from an Acer spokesman. Same place the 1st post here came from. How about that.
And PeteDee, As I stated above I also hope they get it right.
If it takes us longer fine, but don't keep leading us on.
I know people stated on facebook that they kept checking every 10 minutes for the update.
I know, that's their problem but that's what happens when a date is given.

Icebike, here are Acer's dates for you.
Here is a date given by the company on the 26th of Aug, from their page
[h=6]Acer Malaysia
Dear fans, we sincerely apologize for the delayed release of the 3.2 update for Acer Iconia Tab A500. We've just received news today that there have been some issues with the GPS settings therefore the 3.2 update will be rescheduled to 10th of September. We will update again if earlier, we hope to provide all our end users a stable and problem-free OS. Thanks for your continuous support and understanding.[/h]

And here is one from Aug. 25th where they still said they would update that day.
[h=6]Acer Malaysia
dear fans, we understand that you are anxious to update your Acer Iconia Tab A500 to the latest 3.2 version. as mentioned earlier, the update will be rolled out on the 25th August 2011 but we are not sure of the roll-out time so it will be anytime of the day ~ pls be patient ~ cheers ! :)[/h]

Please do not make assumptions and accusations. I do not state rumors.
Remember why we are here, to help each other, not to fight.

Last edited:

HD87

May 14, 2011
Everyone is upset at the delay of 3.2.. wait till ICS comes out & Acer doesn't update! lol..
That's why I flashed to HoneyVillain ;)

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
$uploadfromtaptalk1315192496284.jpg
Here.. maybe this picture of bunnies will cheer everyone up.